1. Joined
    06 Jan '22
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 07:34
    I advanced my pawn to the final rank and it was automatically Queened. I was not given a choice of pieces to select for promotion, as chess rules allow. Can this be fixed?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 07:37
    @captainjaneway said
    I advanced my pawn to the final rank and it was automatically Queened. I was not given a choice of pieces to select for promotion, as chess rules allow. Can this be fixed?
    In fact there is a window to the right of the board (browser version) where you can choose. So it is a matter of knowing that.

Some clown in the past moved the pawn to the last line and didn't choose a figure for conversion. Time was not ticking and the game was "suspended" for at least months. The fix for that was to enforce the move to complete.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 16:35
    @captainjaneway said
    It works fine.
    If you want to test it, you can easily do so with any game where it's your move.
    Just make an illegal move by placing one of your pawns on the back row.
    You will now see a new window open, by where it says 'submit' move.
    Click the window to change your choice. The queen is the default.
    If you are on an app, it will appear near the bottom of the screen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree