1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 12:542 edits
    Sir @Russ.

This is weird.

Hells Caretaker challenged me to a Ladder game and told me his challenge got rejected by a filter I am using. Here's the message:
    - This player is only accepting challenges from players with a rating below 0
    My rating filters are set to "no max" "no min"; I set a 24 game limit but am nowhere near that

Now, I have recently taken challenges by several people, here is the latest from today, which was done just to test my challenge filters:

----------------------
    Dated Feb 25

Dear Earl of Trumps,

You have been challenged to a game of chess by 'Ponderable'

Game : Challenge to check problem

Ponderable
    -------------------------------------

Works fine as always. I think the problem is on HC's end. Thanks in advance.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 14:36
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Sir @Russ.

This is weird.

Hells Caretaker challenged me to a Ladder game and told me his challenge got rejected by a filter I am using. Here's the message:
    - This player is only accepting challenges from players with a rating below 0
    My rating filters are set to "no max" "no min"; I set a 24 game limit but am nowhere near that

Now, I have recen ...[text shortened]... --------------------

Works fine as always. I think the problem is on HC's end. Thanks in advance.
    Could it be something to do with the ladder?
    I don't think ratings are an issue on ladders and I don't think your "filters" apply.
    I think the message you received is inaccurate but the issue is to do with the number of games you or your opponent are currently playing(you're only allowed one challenge and defence at a time)or the number of positions between the two of you.
    You could ask Hells Caretaker to challenge you to a friendly game and see what happens
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:39
    @venda said
    Could it be something to do with the ladder?
    I don't think ratings are an issue on ladders and I don't think your "filters" apply.
    I think the message you received is inaccurate but the issue is to do with the number of games you or your opponent are currently playing(you're only allowed one challenge and defence at a time)or the number of positions between the two of you.
    You could ask Hells Caretaker to challenge you to a friendly game and see what happens
    RHP clubs do not offer formal ladders, so it is an informal ladder where we keep track of everything. So our challengers are really all friendly challenges. And we are playing a game because I challenged him. But thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree