1. Orlando
    Moves
    31 Mar '15 16:56
    My opponent has zero seconds to move and no time bank available, but on vacation status. I f he has zero seconds to move, how can vacation status help.?.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Mar '15 17:28
    Originally posted by patrajasingam
    My opponent has zero seconds to move and no time bank available, but on vacation status. I f he has zero seconds to move, how can vacation status help.?.
    Your opponent can still make a move while on vacation status, which will reset his timeout period.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '15 23:48
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Your opponent can still make a move while on vacation status, which will reset his timeout period.
    or he can win or tie the game while on vacation
  4. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:56
    I expect he had time left before his vacation. During his vacation his time-bank ran out but you still can't time him out until his vacation time expires.
    No doubt he will move before then.
  5. Joined
    10 May '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 22:11
    i'm in the same situation, my opponent is on vacation, and has no timebank left but is still making moves. this seems to allow him to play without having to lose on time since i cannot time him out while he's on vacation. this does not seem right. it seems if he is making moves he should be off vacation and subject to time rules again.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 00:05
    Originally posted by hotrats
    i'm in the same situation, my opponent is on vacation, and has no timebank left but is still making moves. this seems to allow him to play without having to lose on time since i cannot time him out while he's on vacation. this does not seem right. it seems if he is making moves he should be off vacation and subject to time rules again.
    Only 36 days of vacation per year are allowed, so once it is used up that's the end of it until next year.
  7. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 14:12
    Originally posted by hotrats
    ... this does not seem right. it seems if he is making moves he should be off vacation and subject to time rules again.
    This question again.

"On vacation" doesn't mean that you are away from the rest of the world and unable to move. It doesn't even necessarily mean you are away from home. It means that you can have some time without having to check on the site for your games. It's one of the benefits of being a subscriber. I'm sorry if you think it is unfair, but that's the way things are always going to work - the more you pay, the more you get.
  8. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 14:44
    If you're not happy with it, pay the subs like the rest of us subscribers. I feel like I'm subsidising your moans and groans!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree