1. Joined
    12 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 03:34
    We have offered a draw several times but so far it hasn't happened. Both sides have tried. The game cannot be won unless one of the parties blunders, unlikely at this stage.[gid][/gid]Game 14378065
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 07:53
    @greg-williams said
    We have offered a draw several times but so far it hasn't happened. Both sides have tried. The game cannot be won unless one of the parties blunders, unlikely at this stage.[gid][/gid]Game 14378065
    If you offer a draw your opponent gets the message that a draw has been offered. The opponent can click on accept and the draw is reached.
    Maybe it is a pop-up blocker issue?
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 14:24
    @greg-williams said
    Are you clicking 'offer draw' and then submitting your move?
    You have to do both for the offer to be sent with your move.

Just clicking the 'offer draw' button by itself will not do anything.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 15:46
    @Greg-Williams
    Could you identify what kind of device you and your opponent are using.
    I may have discovered a bug with the 'offer draw' process and have sent a feedback report.
  5. Joined
    12 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 16:45
    I have either a Windows 10 PC or an Apple XR. Not sure about my opponent. I’ll ask. Meanwhile, the draw was accepted after I posted the query.
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 16:50
    @Ponderable
    Thanks, all good now but no evident reason for the hassle
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Jul '21 18:141 edit
    @Greg-Williams
    I tried testing it earlier today between my windows 7 laptop and someone on an iphone. The first try there was a glitch when they sent the offer to me, but we tried it again a few moves later and it worked fine, and when I sent an offer from laptop to their iphone it worked fine, so in our case it may have just been operator error. Russ will probably sort it out if there is an actual problem! Thanks for getting back to the help forum!
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 08:16
    @mwmiller said
    @Greg-Williams
    I tried testing it earlier today between my windows 7 laptop and someone on an iphone. The first try there was a glitch when they sent the offer to me, but we tried it again a few moves later and it worked fine, and when I sent an offer from laptop to their iphone it worked fine, so in our case it may have just been operator error. Russ will probably sort it out if there is an actual problem! Thanks for getting back to the help forum!
    Just a further observation,If you get the message "my decision" when an opponent offers a draw ,when you click "accept draw offer" you do get the error message about making a move before submitting,but it accepts the offer anyway without making a move and the game is reported as drawn.
    I thought it did, but I'm sure now as I've just done it!
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 11:53
    I just looked at the game that was tagged in the OP, and the game is drawn, with this information shown:

"Third repetition of position
    Draw agreed"

I thought a 'Third repetition' had to be 'claimed' by the player who submits the move that creates that condition.
    I would expect to see 'Draw agreed' as the status when a draw is offered and accepted.

So now I am confused.
    (Perhaps the 'third repetition' status was just a coincidence, and the game only ended because the draw was offered and accepted.)
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 12:52
    @mwmiller said
    I just looked at the game that was tagged in the OP, and the game is drawn, with this information shown:

"Third repetition of position
    Draw agreed"

I thought a 'Third repetition' had to be 'claimed' by the player who submits the move that creates that condition.
    I would expect to see 'Draw agreed' as the status when a draw is offered and accepted.

So now I am conf ...[text shortened]... ' status was just a coincidence, and the game only ended because the draw was offered and accepted.)
    The 3rd repetition does have to be claimed.
    If the condition is not met the game just carries on.
    I've never seen "draw agreed" but this would be a good idea.
    It simply says "game drawn".
    I'm going to post in the site ideas with some suggestions as how to make things clearer.
    What's the OP?
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 13:021 edit
    @venda
    OP is the "original post", or sometimes the "original poster" in a thread.

The game that is tagged in that post shows the game is over and the final outcome of that game.
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 13:07
    @mwmiller said
    @venda
    OP is the "original post", or sometimes the "original poster" in a thread.

The game that is tagged in that post shows the game is over and the final outcome of that game.
    Ok thanks. I've posted in the site ideas
  13. Joined
    11 Aug '21
    Moves
    12 Aug '21 08:48

Removed by poster

14. Joined
    11 Aug '21
    Moves
    12 Aug '21 10:54

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree