1. Joined
    03 Feb '21
    Moves
    18 Dec '21 23:14
    I am not getting email move notifications, please fix this problem, thank you.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 10:18
    @gmasterjames said
    I am not getting email move notifications, please fix this problem, thank you.
    I suggest you check your settings
    Click on your avatar in the top right of the screen and go to my settings,notification settings and make sure e mail notifications is turned on
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Dec '21 12:12
    @venda said
    I suggest you check your settings
    Click on your avatar in the top right of the screen and go to my settings,notification settings and make sure e mail notifications is turned on
    And if they are turned on already, make sure we have not suspended sending email to you due to an email issue in the past.

In future check your "My Home" page - it will be clear if this is the issue, and you can restart email again by following the instructions.

Some more detail :

Due to the volume of email we send, our reputation as a sender needs to be protected - so it only takes one email to be returned to us before we turn off further email. The alternative is being listed as a spammer.

Also, a worthy enhancement might be notification on the site when this happens.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '21
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 00:29
    @venda
    My email notifications are turned on. And my friend Econteach1 is not getting email notifications either.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '21
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 00:381 edit
    @Russ
    I don't think I have done anything to have my email suspended, I just open the email click on the board and make a move. Also my friend player Econteach1 said he wasn't getting email move notifications either, that's why I think the problem is with Red Hot Pawn Chess. This makes playing chess rather inconvenient. Thank you very much.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 10:00
    @gmasterjames said
    @venda
    My email notifications are turned on. And my friend Econteach1 is not getting email notifications either.
    @Econteach1 must change his notification settings here (they are turned off currently):

Notification Settings
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 10:07
    @gmasterjames said
    @venda
    My email notifications are turned on.
    For your account everything is in place, and we are still pushing out email to you.

It is most probable that an overzealous spam filter is to blame somewhere. (Your mail provider, or even on your mail client) It is hard to confirm this, though.

Can you double check spam folders? Also, if possible "white list" robot@redhotpawn.com / robot@dailychess.com?
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '21
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 19:27
    @Russ I checked everything and made no changes and now we are getting email notifications! Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree