1. Joined
    05 Jan '21
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 14:21
    I was surprised to see my King had been moved at 1.45pm today. My last move was a Bishop move.
    My opponent has accepted I did not make the somewhat ridiculous move.
    Can I restore the King and thus reset the Board by one move?
    Thanks
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 15:361 edit
    @revdhutch said
    I was surprised to see my King had been moved at 1.45pm today. My last move was a Bishop move.
    Thanks
    Game 15052815

No. That is impossible, you can send feedback and maybe @Russ can find out what happened.

And you can start a game with the last agreed correct position.
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 01:111 edit
    There must have been millions of moves made on this site, and I’ve not seen anyone on the forums reporting that this has happened to them before, so I think the most likely explanation is that if you didn’t make the move, then maybe someone else did.
    Could it be that you left your computer unattended and logged in to this site, and someone passing by, for whatever reason, made this move on your behalf?
    Or maybe someone has somehow found out your password, logged in as you, and made the move? (It might be worth changing your password.)
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '22 11:23
    @ponderable said
    Game 15052815

No. That is impossible, you can send feedback and maybe @Russ can find out what happened.

And you can start a game with the last agreed correct position.
    Seems like you won anyway now.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Nov '22 11:12
    @revdhutch said
    Thanks
    I have seen a lot of similar enquiries to this over the years and not once has the site software found to be at fault.
    I suppose there's always a first time for everything!
  6. Joined
    18 Nov '22
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 17:03
    This usually happens when someone uses a public computer and forgot to clear all of the history when they were done.

Public computers will even save your email address so you have to remove that account from the computer and then clear all history.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 01:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree