1. Standard memberjerryib1
    Jerryib
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 18:45
    If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Apr '21 19:13
    @jerryib1 said
    If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.
    There is no option to withdraw after a tournament has started.
    If you're concerned about your rating,resign the games against higher rated players(if there are any) and you will not lose as many points.
    Otherwise, ignore the games and wait for the opponents to claim timeout or the system to time you out automatically and be careful what tournaments you enter in the future.
    Even though there may be an option for 32 players for example to enter, a tournament may start when the minimum number of entrants is reached if there's been no new entrants for a while.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree