1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 20:21
    Frankly I'm getting tired of playing Chess engines - some people are so obvious it is embarrassing - if I wanted to cheat I would at least do a better job. Is this even being checked or has the site just given up? I have zero interest in using an engine. Never have! Why would you pay money for a site and NOT PLAY? I am really thinking about quitting the site. I am not thin-skinned about losing - I'd be happy to lose every game if I felt like I had a shot but watching a guy wax the whole score table when you can never find a sub-optimal move in any game is so boring. I have engines to play if I want to do that - and yes I scrupulously search databases and read books (because I want to play better) but I guarantee my in-game moves are my own (however pitiful.) I have actually lost finals in tournaments to belly-crawlers later tossed - I don't care that I didn't get that win but why should I bother playing hard enough to reach a final when I eventually will face an engine that will win no matter what I do? What can be done because I'm pretty much at the end of my rope? Chess takes time and I can't see paying my money and my time if it is not fair.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 11:58
    @terrierjack said
    Frankly I'm getting tired of playing Chess engines - some people are so obvious it is embarrassing - if I wanted to cheat I would at least do a better job. Is this even being checked or has the site just given up? I have zero interest in using an engine. Never have! Why would you pay money for a site and NOT PLAY? I am really thinking about quitting the site. I am not thi ...[text shortened]... the end of my rope? Chess takes time and I can't see paying my money and my time if it is not fair.
    To answer the Question:

* Yes it is against the TOS

However as has been discussed in length in different threads: detecting engine use is not as straightfoward as we wish it to be.

If you think that there is an engine user the most promising way is to send Feedback.
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 18:52
    @Ponderable Thanks, how do I send feedback?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Nov '20 12:421 edit
    @terrierjack said
    @Ponderable Thanks, how do I send feedback?
    There is a link at the bottom of the webside or go directly to www.redhotpawn.com/site/feedback.php
  5. Brazil
    Moves
    07 Dec '20 20:37

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree