1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 23:26
    Hi Russ, I'd like to know how I can request that an offensive post be removed and preferably the writer be banned from the forums. (It wasn't me who was being offended). Thanks.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 06:32
    @indonesia-phil said
    Hi Russ, I'd like to know how I can request that an offensive post be removed and preferably the writer be banned from the forums. (It wasn't me who was being offended). Thanks.
    Actually the way to go forward is to alert the post and describe the problem.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 14:22
    @ponderable said
    Actually the way to go forward is to alert the post and describe the problem.
    Thanks, can I do that any other way than by public forum? PM to Russ maybe?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 16:13
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks, can I do that any other way than by public forum? PM to Russ maybe?
    You can click the exclamation mark at the top of the post (next to the thumbs). That alerts a post. You have the option to write a few words to explain what is angering you.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 20:48
    @ponderable said
    You can click the exclamation mark at the top of the post (next to the thumbs). That alerts a post. You have the option to write a few words to explain what is angering you.
    Okay, sorry to be dumb, just one more question, who reads the words?
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 06:31
    @indonesia-phil said
    Okay, sorry to be dumb, just one more question, who reads the words?
    No need to apologize, I don't know exactly.
    I presume Russ or Chris do.
    Maybe there is also a secret group of Moderators.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 20:42
    @ponderable said
    No need to apologize, I don't know exactly.
    I presume Russ or Chris do.
    Maybe there is also a secret group of Moderators.
    Okay, thanks again. Maybe Russ could step in and complete the picture sometime.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 11:19
    @indonesia-phil said
    Okay, thanks again. Maybe Russ could step in and complete the picture sometime.
    Don't know if it's still true, but (in the past) an anonymous moderator reads the alerts report and can either delete posts or threads, issue forum bans of varying lengths, discuss with other moderators, refer the item to Russ, or take no action. Russ can also read the alerts report, but nobody else can.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 11:58
    @indonesia-phil said
    In this case, can you just send feedback with the link to the offending post? You do not appear to have alerted the offending post, so please provide as much detail as possible in your feedback. An alert is sufficient in most instances.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:52
    @indonesia-phil said
    You cannot. She will never be stopped, because she's horrible for the users, but good for the site owners.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 19:02
    Maybe it would help if the exclamation mark icon that is currently used to alert a post were replaced with a red button labeled "Alert Post".
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 22:14
    @shallow-blue said
    You cannot. She will never be stopped, because she's horrible for the users, but good for the site owners.
    Actually it was a 'he'. I mean I know that insults are part and participle of the intellectual rough and tumble of the forums, which I think is a shame but there it is. This particular post crossed a line in my opinion, and it's a bit late now to alert anyone, but I'll know what to do in the future, so thanks to all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree