1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 14:53
    In the past the 'welcome' game that is created for a new RHP member has only been a single game.

I recently got set up with two games at the same time with the same new member. I don't think that's how it is supposed to work. At least I have not encountered this before.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 16:14
    As an 'add-on' thought, setting up two 'welcome' games would not be a bad idea, as long as one is playing black and the other playing white.
    New members need to get those first 20 games played quickly so they can get rid of that provisional rating status.

I know, take it to 'site ideas' spanky. 🙂
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 16:03
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    In the past the 'welcome' game that is created for a new RHP member has only been a single game.

I recently got set up with two games at the same time with the same new member. I don't think that's how it is supposed to work. At least I have not encountered this before.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
    You should not be able to start two greeter games like this. A requirement to qualify for greeter games is no games started and no moves recorded already.

I can see you have the two identical games created at approximately the same time, probably the result of a page resubmission.

I have improved the code to be defend against this now, so that should not happen again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree