1. Joined
    27 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '23 08:47
    I play mainly on the app and i cant seem to read or reply to a final message from my opponent also in the app if I miss replying in a chat box I can't find a way to message them whilst it's their turn. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    19 Feb '23 22:32
    @galactus said
    I play mainly on the app and i cant seem to read or reply to a final message from my opponent also in the app if I miss replying in a chat box I can't find a way to message them whilst it's their turn. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated
    From the three bars at the top of the app you should find a 'My Messages' link.
    That's where you can send out-of-game messages. Click the plus icon and start typing the players name - it should start giving you a list of suggested recipients.

The last-chat message in a game will be there, but the opportunity to respond is with a move - so if the game's finished, so has the chat with that game.
    I think the links that take you to the end of a game put you to the board history, rather than the game itself, that's why the messages are not visible.
    Maybe a site suggestion to allow in-game chats to continue and for the "your game has ended" links to take you to the board where you can see those last messages.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Feb '23 08:092 edits
    Messages sent with final moves show up in the recipient's MyHome page. Does anyone ever look at that page? I certainly don't. Perhaps there could be a badge-type indicator on the Message icon.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Feb '23 10:02
    @kewpie said
    Messages sent with final moves show up in the recipient's MyHome page. Does anyone ever look at that page? I certainly don't. Perhaps there could be a badge-type indicator on the Message icon.
    When I win,I get the message "you have won a game against ***.Your opponent left you a message"
    Otherwise as you say I rarely look on my home page other than if I want to enter a non club tournament
    Similarly,I have my filters set on "my move" so I never see skulls unless I go onto all games to move games into my folders.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Mar '23 00:39
    @galactus said
    that also happens when you offer a "conditional " move....if your opponent accepts it, then any messages get passed over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree