1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 18:28
    can this be right?

I started a game with wrong colors, my opponent questioned me. I said you are right, delete and start another with correct colors.

We both made one move each, 1 e4 c5, and my opponent deleted the game. He complained to me that he lost points, which I found hard to believe. I looked at my rating, and I cannot be positive but I think it went UP 2-3 points.

Is this even possible??
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 06:07
    I assume if he resigned he would still lose points, might had done that inside of hit the trash can? If your rating went up the game should be on your graph to click on.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 09:58
    @trev33 said
    I assume if he resigned he would still lose points, might had done that inside of hit the trash can? If your rating went up the game should be on your graph to click on.
    he is a buddy but new to the site., I'll ask him. I doubt it, tho, he was the one that
    questioned why he lost points. Well, if you resign, don't you expect to lose points?
    Yes. So I dont think he resigned but I will check.
    thanks for the heads up, trev.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:44
    Trev, not the case. I went to email and got the DELETION notice.

"PettyTalk has chosen to delete your game."
    You do not get email notification for resignations.

He deleted it for sure
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 16:30
    There shouldn't be any lost points then but again your graph will tell the story, as it shows your rating when all the game ended, so as long as everything looks normal there there wasn't any points lost or gained. Was it your last game finished?
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 20:45
    @trev33 said
    There shouldn't be any lost points then but again your graph will tell the story, as it shows your rating when all the game ended, so as long as everything looks normal there there wasn't any points lost or gained. Was it your last game finished?
    I can't be certain on my end, Trev. I'll try to figure it out, but Petty will know.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 08:55
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I can't be certain on my end, Trev. I'll try to figure it out, but Petty will know.
    It is not possible to get rating points by deleted games.

The last points you get were from
    Game 14166828 and that ended after 70 moves. You can go through your rating graph and see for each alteration what game belongs to that.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 11:131 edit
    Deleting a game at the start isn't supposed to affect anyone's rating if 2 moves haven't been played.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree