1. Gloucestershire
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:23
    How do conditional moves work, are they a way of speeding up games? If so why does it seem nobody's using them? Tony
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 05:04
    They are being used. They do speed the game just a little.
  3. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 08:30
    Originally posted by Tonythebrit
    How do conditional moves work, are they a way of speeding up games? If so why does it seem nobody's using them? Tony
    To answer your question, click the Conditional Moves link to the tight of your board display. This invites you to predict and 'make' your opponents next move, followed by your own move. These two moves are then stored until your opponent makes his move for real. Assuming your opponent moves as you predicted, the computer then makes your saved move and it's his turn again. If he makes a different move, your saved move obviously becomes obsolete. There are other reasons why the Conditional Move might become obsolete which are clearly stated when you set the moves up.

To be honest I tend to find very few of my opponents use the facility and I've got around 12 games running at any one time. I use it all the time and think it's particularly useful for speeding up games when your opponents next move is fairly predictable.

Hope this helps.

FW
  4. Gloucestershire
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 12:19
    Thanks that seems very clear, i'll have a go. Tony

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree