1. Joined
    16 Dec '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 17:23
    I have always waited 2 months or more before calling timeout, and after I have messaged the opponent, as this is the right thing to do, I believe.
    I recently went away for 9/10 days, didn't find time to advise those I was playing, and found I had lost 2 games to Timeouts which must have been called very quickly. I find this irritating and disrespectful. Chess is a game of intellect, not just winning at all costs. Points gained this way are no reflection of a palayer's strength and ability.
    One game I was not doing well, v. BISHOP 1954, so not so badalthough still disrespectful and irritating. The other game, v. Donkeykong, was blatant robbery as I had by far the upper hand and was forcing him into a corner soon to be checkmated. I do feel that this is so poor that I have to comment on the very bad aaction in calling a Timeout just to save a virtually lost game. A serious lack of respect.
    Coling
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 00:06
    Time controls are a part of the game. If a player fails to move in the agreed upon time, it is perfectly fine to claim a win on time.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 10:58
    One suggestion for when time is short - install one of the apps. Very easy on the road to make quick moves when the clock is against you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree