chats

Standard memberMejnour
Help 11 Sep '21 17:05
  1. Joined
    08 Jan '21
    Moves
    11 Sep '21 17:05
    Hello everyone. When I chat with an opponent and we both exchange chat messages, are they stored? Is there a way to retrieve them?
    Appreciate any feedback.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Sep '21 18:321 edit
    @Mejnour
    When you go to a game and open it to display the game board, look on the right side of the page and you should see a link called "messages". Click that and there should be a display of all messages exchanged with moves during the game.

(it may be different with a phone app. My reply is for a PC or laptop)

Also, you can copy & paste the entire text list into a text editor if you want to keep it seperate.
  3. Joined
    08 Jan '21
    Moves
    11 Sep '21 20:54
    @mwmiller
    Thank you. Found your instructions clear and accurante.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Sep '21 00:18
    @Mejnour
    No problem. Glad to help!
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Sep '21 08:09
    @mwmiller said
    @Mejnour
    No problem. Glad to help!
    A related question I have asked before but forgotten the answer:-
    If I resign a game,which you can do without having to make a move,and put a message in the chat like "well played" does the opponent see the message?
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Sep '21 11:47
    @venda said
    A related question I have asked before but forgotten the answer:-
    If I resign a game,which you can do without having to make a move,and put a message in the chat like "well played" does the opponent see the message?
    I don't know but we can give it a quick try if you want.
    I can challenge you to an unrated game, we can make a few moves, then resign, and then come back here and give the answer here. That way anyone else who has that question can see how it worked for us.
    I'll send a challenge now.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Sep '21 18:21
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 16:561 edit
    @venda
    I did see your final message.

In summary:
    When it is your turn to move, you can instead compose a final message and resign the game. That final message will be seen on the game board page as usual, the same as if you had made a move.

If it is not your turn, you can still resign a game but you will not have the option to include a final message. You can only include a message when it is your turn to move.

So if you do want to leave a final message, just wait until it's your turn to move.
    You can then compose your message and resign instead of moving.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 18:19
    @mwmiller said
    @venda
    I did see your final message.

In summary:
    When it is your turn to move, you can instead compose a final message and resign the game. That final message will be seen on the game board page as usual, the same as if you had made a move.

If it is not your turn, you can still resign a game but you will not have the option to include a final message. You can only ...[text shortened]... ait until it's your turn to move.
    You can then compose your message and resign instead of moving.
    Cheers mate and thanks for taking part in the experiment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree