1. Istanbul
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 11:29
    Hi all, I have a R in a1 and K in b1 in a Fischer Random game. It is written in the Game Help section that: "To castle when playing at Red Hot Pawn Chess just move the king. The rook will move automatically if the castle is valid AFTER the move is submitted.". So what if the king move is an eligible move in a Fischer Random game, like K to c1 as in my game? How will the system understand that it is O-O-O not Kc1 played?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:141 edit
    @kunduz said
    Hi all, I have a R in a1 and K in b1 in a Fischer Random game. It is written in the Game Help section that: "To castle when playing at Red Hot Pawn Chess just move the king. The rook will move automatically if the castle is valid AFTER the move is submitted.". So what if the king move is an eligible move in a Fischer Random game, like K to c1 as in my game? How will the system understand that it is O-O-O not Kc1 played?
    Well it has been on our wish list for years...but as of now other things has higher priorities. So: no castling in FRC.

PS: This is the newest thread I found and it looked like it was on its way.

Thread 181589
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:281 edit
    @Ponderable

I can post an update on this. I have been building a system that not only supports castling for 960, but also other variants too.

The final implementation is a little different from that earlier video (That was July 2019 incredibly!) - the king is dragged on to the rook to initiate the castle in 960 now.

This is a taking a little longer than expected to get this out as the new board code will hopefully be around for a many years, so I want to get it right first time before investing too much time in testing.

So, this is more representative, but also well out of date now too :

YouTube

So more patience required, sorry, this will all be sorted soon.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 14:31
    @russ said
    @Ponderable

I can post an update on this. I have been building a system that not only supports castling for 960, but also other variants too.

The final implementation is a little different from that earlier video (That was July 2019 incredibly!) - the king is dragged on to the rook to initiate the castle in 960 now.

This is a taking a little longer than expected to ge ...[text shortened]...

[youtube]naujR86votE[/youtube]

So more patience required, sorry, this will all be sorted soon.
    Thank you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree