1. Novato, CA USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 15:47
    In two of my recent games where I was well ahead of higher rated players, instead of resigning they allowed their games to timeout. I claimed the timeout and have the impression that my rating did not increase as expected. Is my impression correct?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 17:221 edit
    @rodrigomattososilvei said
    In two of my recent games where I was well ahead of higher rated players, instead of resigning they allowed their games to timeout. I claimed the timeout and have the impression that my rating did not increase as expected. Is my impression correct?
    One game was Game 14673508?

You got 22 ratig points which is correct. Loss is loss regardless if time-out, reignation or checkmate.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Feb '22 11:37
    @rodrigomattososilvei said
    In FAQ there is a formula which explains how rating is calculated.
    As stated above, how the game is won doesn't make any difference to rating calculation
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Feb '22 12:452 edits
    There is a rating ready reckoner in one of the forums which works on all games up to around 1800 rating. Thread 80000.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree