Blitz

Standard membershamshoun
Help 27 May '19 17:23
  1. Joined
    03 Jan '09
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:23
    cannot offer a game on blitz. what is happening??
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 May '19 09:55
    @shamshoun

Blitz is now available again.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 May '19 15:45
    @russ said
    @shamshoun

Blitz is now available again.
    Hey Russ, what happened to the link that was on the upper right of the page. I see that it is gone, along with a few other links that used to be up there in that top row of links.

I do see one (BlitzChess.net) on the site map, but when I click that my browser gets all paranoid with warnings (firefox) and says it might be a security risk.

I'm on an hp laptop.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 May '19 16:151 edit
    @mwmiller

Hmmm..I need to remove that link from the site map. It points to a site without a certificate, which these days creates warnings in some browser (as you discovered).

The icon is still there for Blitz if viewing in a desktop. If you shrink your browser, icons drop away, blitz being one of the first to vanish.

It should be visible if your browser is full screen on a laptop though.

edit : What resolution is the screen on your laptop? And is your browser zoomed?
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    28 May '19 17:281 edit
    @russ said
    @mwmiller

Hmmm..I need to remove that link from the site map. It points to a site without a certificate, which these days creates warnings in some browser (as you discovered).

The icon is still there for Blitz if viewing in a desktop. If you shrink your browser, icons drop away, blitz being one of the first to vanish.

It should be visible if your browser is full scree ...[text shortened]... laptop though.

edit : What resolution is the screen on your laptop? And is your browser zoomed?
    Aha!
    The browser zoom was the problem. I decreased from 100 to 67% and...there it was.
    Thanks chief!
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 May '19 17:30
    @Russ

I reset 'zoom' and that took care of it.

However, I now found one minor thing. On the blitz page there is a red box in the upper right corner that does not do anything. I suspect it is supposed to close the window and bring you back to RHP? I can still exit by clicking the browser tab.

And finally, is blitz and option with a smartphone? Some of my local friends are on phones but I suspect they are not getting all of the options available on a pc. Is that correct?

Thanks!
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 May '19 17:41
    @mwmiller

In theory, it will work on mobile, but the UI not formatted for small screens, hence the reason it is hidden away on mobile.

A proper blitz (native) app would be a better fit for blitz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree