1. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    30 May '15 11:18
    In fairness to my opponents I have made them aware that my ranking is way below what it should be...due to numerous timeout losses because of health reason. Shortly after disclosing to one opponent I noticed in the black border above the board a "warning...actual rating 1600" appears. Not that this bothers me as my displayed rating is now 1240 instead of what it should be. However I just want to make sure this number is not arbitrary...I think my highest rating on this site was1500.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 May '15 13:26
    Originally posted by blinky100
    In fairness to my opponents I have made them aware that my ranking is way below what it should be...due to numerous timeout losses because of health reason. Shortly after disclosing to one opponent I noticed in the black border above the board a "warning...actual rating 1600" appears. Not that this bothers me as my displayed rating is now 1240 instead of w ...[text shortened]... want to make sure this number is not arbitrary...I think my highest rating on this site was1500.
    I have never seen anything generated by this site that is like what you describe.
    Are you seeing this in all of your games, or is it just in one of them?
    It almost sounds like one of your opponents posted that as a message to you, as 'in-game' messages usually appear at the location you described.
  3. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    30 May '15 16:38
    Thank you so much for responding. I have seen your name and welcome your input. Specifics are as follows...the first time I disclosed my inaccurate rating was to ZION 18 game #11213316. The note appears under "MY GAMES" "BOARD STYLE" "GAME HISTORY" banner. It states "warning...true rating 1600". Please note I checked my highest rating under my profile, 5 years is 1583 so 1600 is not to far off.
    The games under which this warning shows up ar 11213401 and 11213396. Strangely enough the message does not appear under game #11213316 which is the only person I told about my ranking. Apprecviate your help. On a side note I noticed in looking though the forums that the site has guides for new players. I would be interested in doing this...any suggestions.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 May '15 17:361 edit
    Thank you so much for responding. I have seen your name and welcome your input. On a side note I noticed in looking though the forums that the site has guides for new players. I would be interested in doing this...any suggestions.
    Are you asking about the "Greeters" program?
    If so, go here: ---> Community/Greeters. (See navigation bar at top of page to find "community"

When you get to the greeters page you will see more info about the program, and there is a link at the upper left part of the page to sign up as a greeter.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 May '15 17:541 edit
    Thank you so much for responding. I have seen your name and welcome your input. Specifics are as follows...the first time I disclosed my inaccurate rating was to ZION 18 game #11213316. The note appears under "MY GAMES" "BOARD STYLE" "GAME HISTORY" banner. It states "warning...true rating 1600". Please note I checked my highest rating under my profile, 5 y ...[text shortened]... e message does not appear under game #11213316 which is the only person I told about my ranking.
    I looked at the games you have in progress and could see just two with that 'warning' and it appears to actually be the game name, which is created by either you or your opponent when the game is first created. You have the option to give the game a name, and according to 'game info' for those particular games the game name is "warning..true rating 1600"

The only other game I saw with a "game name" was ...2194 against CARode73044, and the title was the number "2".
    Check that game when you get a chance and see it the '2' shows up in the same location as the 'warning....' in the other games.

How did you start these games? As far as I know the only way that a game is 'named' is when the creator of a game decides to give it a name.

I hope that helps clear things up!
  6. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    30 May '15 18:23
    Confused...Both of the games in question with the banner "warning..." were started by me in the open invite games section and I am quite positive I didn't name either of these games...quite honestly I have never named any of my games. You are correct regarding the carode game...the number "2" shows up in exactly the same location as the "warning...actual rating 1600.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree