1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 06:291 edit
    I thought this was fixed aeons ago, but, the debate forum -- at least as I see it on Firefox -- has this aggravating green box advertising some chess blog blocking the top of the thread list. There is no discernible way to kill it, nor do I find the blog remotely interesting. Only the debate forum appears plagued by this desperately attention-seeking marquee.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 06:571 edit
    @soothfast said
    I thought this was fixed aeons ago, but, the debate forum -- at least as I see it on Firefox -- has this aggravating green box advertising some chess blog blocking the top of the thread list. There is no discernible way to kill it, nor do I find the blog remotely interesting. Only the debate forum appears plagued by this desperately attention-seeking marquee.
    The Debates Forum has its own warning banner which blocks the blog's close box. Go to the Only Chess Forum, close the blog box and then go back to Debates.

You'll have to close it this way whenever a new blog comes out.

I would recommend reading Greenpawn's blog when you get a chance, though. Always entertaining.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 07:54
    @suzianne said
    The Debates Forum has its own warning banner which blocks the blog's close box. Go to the Only Chess Forum, close the blog box and then go back to Debates.

You'll have to close it this way whenever a new blog comes out.

I would recommend reading Greenpawn's blog when you get a chance, though. Always entertaining.
    Well that's bizarre -- but it works. Much thanks.

Still unclear is why, aside from the Chess forum, only the Debate forum gets this pop-up. Not the General forum, not the Clan forum -- where's the logic?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 09:45
    @soothfast said
    Well that's bizarre -- but it works. Much thanks.

Still unclear is why, aside from the Chess forum, only the Debate forum gets this pop-up. Not the General forum, not the Clan forum -- where's the logic?
    Probably has something to do with the coding for the warning banner on the Debates Forum. Just a wild-ass guess though as I only have a semester of programming from like twenty years ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree