Adjudicated Win

Subscriberbob58
Help 14 Apr '21 11:54
  1. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 11:54
    Is there such a thing as an adjudicated win at RHP? I have a game where it is King and queen vs king. My opponent is intentionally playing as slowly as possible. First he ran the clock to zero, then was "on vacation" for 30 days, and now waits until just before the time bank runs out to make a move. I realize all of this technically legal but is also clearly poor sportsmanship. My biggest concern is that I have been assigned 2 clan games against him and he has started the same thing from move 1.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 20:01
    @bob58 said
    Is there such a thing as an adjudicated win at RHP? I have a game where it is King and queen vs king. My opponent is intentionally playing as slowly as possible. First he ran the clock to zero, then was "on vacation" for 30 days, and now waits until just before the time bank runs out to make a move. I realize all of this technically legal but is also clearly poor sportsmans ...[text shortened]... is that I have been assigned 2 clan games against him and he has started the same thing from move 1.
    "Poor sportsmanship" is not a win OTB, either. Reveal Hidden Content
    In any sport, really. Ice hockey would be dead with that rule.
    "Bringing the sport into disrepute" *is* - but you'd have to show a lot more to the adjudicator than "he didn't move as quickly as I liked".
    In the end, you agreed to the time limits. If your opponent is sticking to them - no matter how pettily - you're going to have to suck it up. Of course, if he doesn't stick to the time... skull, immediately!

But in the end, adjudicated wins on RHP don't play to "nice" any more than they do in real life - and no more, IMAO, should they.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 12:44
    @bob58 said
    Is there such a thing as an adjudicated win at RHP? I have a game where it is King and queen vs king. My opponent is intentionally playing as slowly as possible. First he ran the clock to zero, then was "on vacation" for 30 days, and now waits until just before the time bank runs out to make a move. I realize all of this technically legal but is also clearly poor sportsmans ...[text shortened]... is that I have been assigned 2 clan games against him and he has started the same thing from move 1.
    The person is obviously getting some sort of perverted pleasure from his tactics.
    I would ask my clan leader not to include him in any future challenges.
    For the current games you could use the same tactics against him.
    Whatever you do ,don't resign.That is what he wants you to do.
  4. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:182 edits
    @bob58

At the time of typing your opponent has 1825 games in progress and has made 2900 moves this month which is close to 190 moves a day. I doubt you have been specifically singled out - it is probably just the way he chooses to manage all of the games with their various time limits. Most of the players I've seen here who have tried to maintain 4 figure game loads have eventually crashed and burned.

When such players resort to the vacation flag hold your move to the last possible moment as it wastes their "protection" which has no effect whilst it is your move. If there is a forced sequence available set conditional moves as it returns the move immediately even when you are not on site and puts them under more pressure. This has the positive psychological effect that you are countering their tactics and keeping control and lessens the chance that you blunder out of annoyance and frustration.
  5. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:31
    @ragwort said
    @bob58

At the time of typing your opponent has 1825 games in progress and has made 2900 moves this month which is close to 190 moves a day. I doubt you have been specifically singled out - it is probably just the way he chooses to manage all of the games with their various time limits. Most of the players I've seen here who have tried to maintain 4 figure game loads have e ...[text shortened]... actics and keeping control and lessens the chance that you blunder out of annoyance and frustration.
    I agree ... but while it might be good to have some kind of adjudication, the actual mechanics of it I think would be too onerous for RHP.

I have 4 tournament games against 1 player who has 600+ games and these games have basically been 1 move every 7 days for the past few months (all the other games are complete), and when he ran out of timebank he just put his vacation flag on and timeout was not possible (I always though vacation flag timeouts didn't apply to tournament games but I was clearly wrong!).

The bottom line is don't enter tournaments which have players with a history of delaying/huge volumes of games, and let your clan leader know which players to avoid in clan challenges (IVV has a list of 9 or 10 players that are no-go for example)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree