1. Joined
    04 Oct '16
    Moves
    02 May '19 13:55
    How do I "accept" a new game? Often new chess players will challenge me to a new game. They choose white, then won't make the first move. Is there something I'm not doing?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 May '19 16:00
    @magnums said
    How do I "accept" a new game? Often new chess players will challenge me to a new game. They choose white, then won't make the first move. Is there something I'm not doing?
    I don't think so. If they're White, theh need to move. If they don't, nothing much Black can do.

You could message them. It won't work for a real ghost player, but it might remind someone who isn't familiar with the site yet that they have another game. But in the end, the game is waiting for their moves, not yours.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 May '19 09:243 edits
    If you get a non-mover like this (new user, playing white), please delete the game.

We do start games for new sign ups to help get them underway. For reasons I will always fail to understand, after taking the trouble of signing up, some then do not make single move.

@Shallow-Blue Great avatar, btw! Ah, the eighties.... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree