1. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    03 May '20 01:42
    Game 13722359

The site didn't give the option between the pieces, it gave me the Queen directly.
    Of course, I would take the Queen, but, on specific occasions, in a pawn capture in the eighth row, taking a Queen would not be the best option.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 May '20 12:52
    @helder-octavio said
    Game 13722359

The site didn't give the option between the pieces, it gave me the Queen directly.
    Of course, I would take the Queen, but, on specific occasions, in a pawn capture in the eighth row, taking a Queen would not be the best option.
    This has been said many times before but is not true.
    When a pawn is promoted a drop down box appears to allow selection of an alternative to a queen.
    From the number of times this has been raised it 's obvious that the option is easily missed.
    I think it's been suggested to the admins in the past to make it clearer
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 May '20 13:37
    @venda said
    This has been said many times before but is not true.
    When a pawn is promoted a drop down box appears to allow selection of an alternative to a queen.
    From the number of times this has been raised it 's obvious that the option is easily missed.
    I think it's been suggested to the admins in the past to make it clearer
    If you want to test to see if you can see it, just go to any of your games where it is your move, and make an illegal move of any one of your pawns to the eighth rank. You will not be able to actually make that illegal move, but it will still allow the promotion selection window to appear so you can see that it is really there.

On my laptop the window pops up near the submit move button. It would be nice if it were more noticable, like with a bright color, or if it were made to cover over the submit button and force you to just select your choice instead of making the queen the default. Once a selection is made, then the submit button could be brought up next.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 May '20 16:061 edit
    Jump to 24 seconds on this video to see how it will work once the new board code is released.

YouTube

From the RHP YouTube channel.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 May '20 20:15
    @russ said
    Jump to 24 seconds on this video to see how it will work once the new board code is released.

[youtube]naujR86votE[/youtube]

From the RHP [=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHN-mexAnafByIo1YrzCK_Q]YouTube channel[/].
    Looks good Russ!
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 May '20 10:20
    @russ said

[youtube]naujR86votE[/youtube]

From the RHP [=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHN-mexAnafByIo1YrzCK_Q]YouTube channel[/].
    great, I just hope that it will work for People with nervous fingers 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree