1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 09:141 edit
    anyone else tried it? third day in, great for stress relief and toning muscle that other forms of exercise simply do not reach - 😀
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 10:04
    one wonders why such a post should warrant a thumbs down? Perhaps such negativity might be dissipated with some yoga practice?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 10:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    one wonders why such a post should warrant a thumbs down? Perhaps such negativity might be dissipated with some yoga practice?
    Have restored the balance sir.

Have you considered yogic flying?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 11:162 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Have restored the balance sir.

Have you considered yogic flying?
    Thankyou, balance is everything.

As a Christian (some would say heretic others an oily fish) I must be careful with how I approach yoga, for without a doubt it has its roots in the pre Hindu animist past which permeates the Hindu Khush to this day (there is still a people in Pakistan who are nature worshipers) I relate this because many of the yoga stances are reflected in this, the baby cobra, the warrior, the sun salutation etc etc . If I view it purely as exercise which has no spiritual significance then I am free to practice it. I have no interest in it beyond its use as an excellent medium for stress relief and to cultivate a healthy mind and body. I would recommend it to anyone on this basis.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 13:05
    Although not a "real" participant I do, on occasion, find that assuming the lotus position and closing my eyes does, in fact, release stress/tension.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 13:35
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Although not a "real" participant I do, on occasion, find that assuming the lotus position and closing my eyes does, in fact, release stress/tension.
    one need not even enter a lotus position, simply sitting cross legged on a comfortable mat and breathing deeply and doing some very light stretching exercises like rolling the head or stretching the arms above the head is quite beneficial.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 14:02
    one need not even enter a lotus position, simply sitting cross legged on a comfortable mat and breathing deeply and doing some very light stretching exercises like rolling the head or stretching the arms above the head is quite beneficial.
    Refer many of my clients to yoga classes (and Tai Chi). It can be helpful in coping with social anxiety.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 14:23
    Refer many of my clients to yoga classes (and Tai Chi). It can be helpful in coping with social anxiety.
    Yes Tai Chi is something I've been looking into but as I live "in the Boonies" away from the hustle and bustle of cities/towns the opportunity to do so is quite limited ie: I'd have to travel for about an hour to do so.
  9. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 14:41
    anyone else tried it? third day in, great for stress relief and toning muscle that other forms of exercise simply do not reach - 😀
    Google 'yoga and satanic possession' and you might get a shock.

Tread carefully Robbie.
    The biggest trick Satan played was convincing us he does not exist.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 14:42
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Yes Tai Chi is something I've been looking into but as I live "in the Boonies" away from the hustle and bustle of cities/towns the opportunity to do so is quite limited ie: I'd have to travel for about an hour to do so.
    That's a pity. Not quite the same, but i'm sure there are some online tutorials that could teach you the basics. Once mastered it is something that can be done anywhere. (Though obviously not in the middle of the motorway).
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 15:14
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Google 'yoga and satanic possession' and you might get a shock.

Tread carefully Robbie.
    The biggest trick Satan played was convincing us he does not exist.
    Thank You Ronald Jonah Hinds! but I've actually read Aleister Crowley's book 'Magic in theory and practice' and remained unpossessed, guess I am just not Satanic enough despite all that heavy metal I was into!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 15:141 edit
    That's a pity. Not quite the same, but i'm sure there are some online tutorials that could teach you the basics. Once mastered it is something that can be done anywhere. (Though obviously not in the middle of the motorway).
    Surely it could be practised in a quite room? or do you need to be out doors?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 15:52
    Surely it could be practised in a quite room? or do you need to be out doors?
    Yes, indoors would work, but there is something about Tai Chi that makes it more pleasurable when done in the great outdoors. A quiet corner of a park is good, or when back in sunny old Clacton, a deserted beach.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree