1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:51
    I've undertaken (for the past three years now) writing an historical novel. The research is deliciously horrendous and involves a massive translating task from a language I know superficially.

Next year, I plan a solo trip to Germany to invoke my primary characters, know their locale, more research, and intensive writing.

What projects (outside work and this site) occupy your time?
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:59
    I started my project of walking the length of every street in my city of roughly 100.000 population some 20 years ago
    I've lost interest a number of times but what I've seen renews my interest now and again
    I have many more miles to go
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:11
    I'm interviewing apprentice gravediggers.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:131 edit
    I have increased my exercise, working on my chess trying hard to get back to where I was back some years ago.

Also, doing my best to goad, goad as much as possible. 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:14
    @the-gravedigger said
    I'm interviewing apprentice gravediggers.
    You must be getting tired after all these years!! 😉

-VR
  6. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:44
    Is coin collecting a project?
    I do know it is an expensive investment.
    Very rewarding to have a hobby/interest that essentially saves your money.
    I guess finding key dates could be a project.
    Other than chess and coins I've got nothing but my rigged good lucks. 😉
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 20:36
    @chessturd said
    Is coin collecting a project?
    I do know it is an expensive investment.
    Very rewarding to have a hobby/interest that essentially saves your money.
    I guess finding key dates could be a project.
    Other than chess and coins I've got nothing but my rigged good lucks. 😉
    I'd say coin collecting was more of a hobby than project, but what do I know. 😉

-VR
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 20:46
    a project would be something you hope to finish or at least try
    a hobby is an on going enjoyment
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 20:48
    I’m learning about crop rotation and growing more vegetables this year. Managed potatoes, leeks, pac choi, rocket, coriander, lettuce, spinach & tomatoes last year. This year including beetroot, butternut squash, carrots & onions.

I’ve bought a brand new neoprene wardrobe of 4 wetsuits, socks, gloves hood and cap for sea swimming & messing about on a surfboard all year round.
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 20:53
    @drewnogal said
    I’m learning about crop rotation and growing more vegetables this year. Managed potatoes, leeks, pac choi, rocket, coriander, lettuce, spinach & tomatoes last year. This year including beetroot, butternut squash, carrots & onions.

I’ve bought a brand new neoprene wardrobe of 4 wetsuits, socks, gloves hood and cap for sea swimming & messing about on a surfboard all year round.
    young lady I'm impressed

way to go!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 21:411 edit
    @drewnogal said
    My Father use to do this crop rotation, it really works!!! I believe he was a little bit a head of the time before people starting doing it.

-VR
  12. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 22:54
    @drewnogal said

Sounds like you are well prepared for the coming apocalypse.
    Self sufficient in food and a cunning escape plan. Respect.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 00:14
    @hakima said
    I've undertaken (for the past three years now) writing an historical novel. The research is deliciously horrendous and involves a massive translating task from a language I know superficially.

Next year, I plan a solo trip to Germany to invoke my primary characters, know their locale, more research, and intensive writing.

What projects (outside work and this site) occupy your time?
    Adding to my repertoire of newly written tunes I post on Soundcloud, up to 82 now. Maybe 50 originals and the rest traditional tunes and some songs sung by my my wife and friends when we lived in Jerusalem.
  14. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 01:32
    @drewnogal said

That's impressive. The veggies that is. As far as surfing goes, what's wrong with a slinky little bikini? 😉
  15. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 01:41
    Age x Gravity x Indecent exposure
    I'm no good at math so can someone else come up with the answer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree