1. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 22:061 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    The number of times I have gone into the "Ladies" washrooms, by mistake.
    Yup, been there, done that.
    Only once, but it was a newly refurbished pub that I knew well where the new owners had turned it into a tapas bar.

Not only had they pervesely labelled the loos as only "señores" and "señoras" with no clue to the gender there for non Spanish speakers ... but they had swapped the two rooms over.

SO not being a Spanish speaker myself (can barely mange English half the time, and this was after a few pints), I went for where the gents had been. No urinals, so took a cubicle - a woman appeared out of another cubilcle while I was washing my hands.

Actually - now that I think about it. Maybe I was in the gents and she'd come in by mistake?? Maybe the re-furb had involved removing the urinals and replacing with cubicles.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 22:15
    @relentless-red said
    Yesterday I stood in the middle lane of the M6 queuing for an ice cream.

The traffic was at a stand still for five hours after a tragic incident involving a horse box, a caravan and a lorry. After the first hour an ice cream van in the slow lane opened for business. They did a roaring trade in the spring sunshine and then the inevitable happened due to the lack of a ...[text shortened]... amazing cross section of people if the motorway stops long enough for everybody to leave their car.
    It will be interesting to see the impact on the growth of their hedges though.

Interesting story, but that's a little more information than I needed.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 23:33
    @drewnogal said
    And no one batted an eyelid!
    I did it once, in a nightclub in England somewhere years ago, completely missed the sign, one girl asked me if I like dressing like that... oops. Took me longer to realize than I'd like to admit.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 23:36
    @drewnogal said
    And no one batted an eyelid!
    No, but they did try to bat another part of “my” anatomy. 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree