1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 22:19
    @very-rusty said
    Speak for yourself chaney!!! 😛

I have a brother-in-law been driving for over 50 years, yes he is older than me and he has never gotten a ticket or lost points. I guess if what you claim is true he has been a very lucky man!!! 😉

-VR
    You've never gone through a light that was more red than yellow?

How about full and complete stops at all stop signs, when there isn't a car in sight?

You've probably just been lucky to not get caught by the cops. 😀

(Or you flash a PBA card)
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 22:322 edits
    @chaney3 said
    You've never gone through a light that was more red than yellow?

How about full and complete stops at all stop signs, when there isn't a car in sight?

You've probably just been lucky to not get caught by the cops. 😀

(Or you flash a PBA card)
    I see a yellow I stop.

Complete stop at stop signs, even if no car is in sight.

I am not lucky I just follow the rules of the road, which I've noticed most don't.

Just today for example a person was crossing on the side walk, the car ahead of me took off before the person had completed their walk across. I see that happen alot, also not coming to a full stop at stop signs especially where the stop sign not quite to the intersection. They just glide by it and stop at the intersection, minor but the cops could get them on that.

No PBA card either FYI!!!

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:03
    About 10 years ago I was "caught" doing 30km over, about 5 meters from an 80km sign, at the outskirts of a small town near where I live. The officer was situated behind a row of hedges, out of my sight line. When he caught up to me we did the "driver-officer dance" (insurance, ownership, driver's license please). He went back to his car, did his thing, returning saying, "Well Mr.Stees you have an exemplary driving record, too bad it now has a blemish on it", and with that he handed me my ticket...JERK.

😠
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:481 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    About 10 years ago I was "caught" doing 30km over, about 5 meters from an 80km sign, at the outskirts of a small town near where I live. The officer was situated behind a row of hedges, out of my sight line. When he caught up to me we did the "driver-officer dance" (insurance, ownership, driver's license please). He went back to his car, did his thing, returning sayin ...[text shortened]... ng record, too bad it now has a blemish on it", and with that he handed me my ticket...JERK.

😠
    Heartless swine ! 😢
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 13:02
    @the-gravedigger said
    Heartless swine ! 😢
    You've "met" him then? 😉
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 14:06
    @great-big-stees said
    About 10 years ago I was "caught" doing 30km over, about 5 meters from an 80km sign, at the outskirts of a small town near where I live. The officer was situated behind a row of hedges, out of my sight line. When he caught up to me we did the "driver-officer dance" (insurance, ownership, driver's license please). He went back to his car, did his thing, returning sayin ...[text shortened]... ng record, too bad it now has a blemish on it", and with that he handed me my ticket...JERK.

😠
    Well....My question is did you deserve the ticket? Just because he has his car where you can't see it doesn't mean you can break the traffic rules. That is why I don't get into the bad habits most drivers do. I must admit I do have one is not holding my hands at the 10 and 2 positions or 9 and 3. I don't know if they could actually prove that one or even go after me for it. 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 21:09
    I once ran into an orange tree on a dirt road out in the boondocks late one night. Car got stuck on the tree. Cops came later. I said a dog ran out in front of me and I swerved to avoid it. Ticket. Careless driving. Cop did a crime scene investigation. Road was 11.3 feet wide and the two inline trees were 10.5 feet apart etc. Got to court. Cops laughing asking if I brought the dog to testify. At trial the judge asked the cop if he looked for doggie footprints during the investigation. "No" he says. Case dismissed. I looked at the cops on the way out and barked at them. LOL. True story. Always fight the system or be a tax paying slave to the state. Your choice
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 21:51
    @kquinn909 said
    I once ran into an orange tree on a dirt road out in the boondocks late one night. Car got stuck on the tree. Cops came later. I said a dog ran out in front of me and I swerved to avoid it. Ticket. Careless driving. Cop did a crime scene investigation. Road was 11.3 feet wide and the two inline trees were 10.5 feet apart etc. Got to court. Cops laughing asking if I brought ...[text shortened]... at them. LOL. True story. Always fight the system or be a tax paying slave to the state. Your choice
    Had a dog really ran out in front of you?

-VR
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 10:43
    I’ve had a few points and fines for speeding But nothing for about 8 years, mainly caught in camera.
    One time a police car followed me for about two miles, eventually they pulled me over and one of them pointed out that my driving was a bit erratic so I told him that with one eye on my rear view mirror and one on my speedometer I had nothing left for the road. They breathalysed me anyway. Guilty conscience I suppose.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 10:50
    @very-rusty said
    Had a dog really ran out in front of you?

-VR
    Oh brother.

🙄
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 11:51
    @very-rusty said
    Well....My question is did you deserve the ticket? Just because he has his car where you can't see it doesn't mean you can break the traffic rules. That is why I don't get into the bad habits most drivers do. I must admit I do have one is not holding my hands at the 10 and 2 positions or 9 and 3. I don't know if they could actually prove that one or even go after me for it. 😉

-VR
    As I mentioned, I was "that close" to the 80km sign and reached it (80km) quickly. I guess, a bit 5 meters (15 feet), too soon. 🙁
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 11:56
    @great-big-stees said
    As I mentioned, I was "that close" to the 80km sign and reached it (80km) quickly. I guess, a bit 5 meters (15 feet), too soon. 🙁
    I guess you learned something there... 🙂
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 11:571 edit
    @kquinn909 said
    I once ran into an orange tree on a dirt road out in the boondocks late one night. Car got stuck on the tree. Cops came later. I said a dog ran out in front of me and I swerved to avoid it. Ticket. Careless driving. Cop did a crime scene investigation. Road was 11.3 feet wide and the two inline trees were 10.5 feet apart etc. Got to court. Cops laughing asking if I brought ...[text shortened]... at them. LOL. True story. Always fight the system or be a tax paying slave to the state. Your choice
    I admire your creativity on that one.
    Must have been a Florida orange tree.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:00
    @great-big-stees said

😠
    100km an hour? Man...you're lucky that Quinn's dog didn't run in front of you!

That would have blemished your tires too! 😀
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:01
    @torunn said
    I guess you learned something there... 🙂
    Ya...try to outrun the cops. 😲 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree