1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 16:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In order to progress important debates such as this, one needs to make some unilateral assumptions, such as: the majority of the "gumut of horrors of the C20th" would be even worse (horror) than the shootings mentioned in the OP and therefore bring them into the discussion is moot. Furthermore, as the OP only specifically mentions "shootings" it is incumbent upon the challenger, in this case myself, to demonstrate that the OP intended not only to compare himself being frivolously castigated for taking a chess timeout with "shootings" but was also, by incidental implication, was comparing the said frivolity with a broader range of even worse contemporary horrors. I felt that to attempt this would have been presumptive and provocative on my part.

Still no explicit condemnation of Hitler, Stalin or Mao from you, I notice.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 18:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]In order to progress important debates such as this, one needs to make some unilateral assumptions, such as: the majority of the "gumut of horrors of the C20th" would be even worse (horror) than the shootings mentioned in the OP and therefore bring them into the discussion is moot. Furthermore, as the OP only specifically mentions "shootings" it is incumbent ...[text shortened]... e on my part.

Still no explicit condemnation of Hitler, Stalin or Mao from you, I notice.[/b]
    Your choosing to ignore my explanation and your subsequent introduction of "hitler" as a debating tactic into this Internet discussion...noted.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 22:39
    Wow, top of page 2 to go from "time outs" to "Hitler."

Bump.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 22:55
    Originally posted by moonbus

Bump.
    Literally Hitler.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 01:57
    Your choosing to ignore my explanation and your subsequent introduction of "hitler" as a debating tactic into this Internet discussion...noted.
    I note without need for further comment that you have used a small 'h' for Hitler.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 02:21

Bump.
    You have simply brushed over the fact that Stalin was mentioned too, Noted.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 05:40
    Literally, noted.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 06:09
    Literally, noted.
    But I notice you didn't tackle me for not mentioning Mao when I mentioned Stalin in response to the way divegeester mentioned Hitler. People will make of it what they will.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 06:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I notice you didn't tackle me for not mentioning Mao when I mentioned Stalin in response to the way divegeester mentioned Hitler. People will make of it what they will.
    I note that your introduction of "hitler" into the this thread has triggered the phantom down-thumber into action.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 06:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I noticed you didn't mention my ex-wife.
    Curious.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 06:47
    I note that your introduction of "hitler" into the this thread has triggered the phantom down-thumber into action.
    I see "the phantom down-thumber" as a C21st problem and therefore felt it appropriate to leave her (or him) off the C20th list I cited.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 07:00
    Originally posted by Antoine
    The last sentence was just the normal stab at a terrible nation - I can't resist those! 😀
    Yeah, we're fvcked up ... but still two worlds ahead of you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 07:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I noticed you didn't mention my ex-wife.
    Curious.
    Your ability to get a member of the opposite sex to co-habit with you remains a rumour.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 17:59
    Your ability to get a member of the opposite sex to co-habit with you remains a rumour.
    Just because he claims to have had an ex-wife doesn't mean anyone ever co-habited with him. He could have been married by Sun Myung Moon in a football stadium along with 4,000 other Moonies and never gotten within 100 yards of his alleged Korean spouse.

You know the rules here, Freaky: pix, or it never happened!
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 18:281 edit
    Just because he claims to have had an ex-wife doesn't mean anyone ever co-habited with him. He could have been married by Sun Myung Moon in a football stadium along with 4,000 other Moonies and never gotten within 100 yards of his alleged Korean spouse.

You know the rules here, Freaky: pix, or it never happened!
    I believe he did have a pic, but alas, it was heavily edited by NASA.

Edit: For no apparent reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree