1. Standard memberAntoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    South Africa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 07:01
    Just received a taunt from Joyobonics because I dared time him(?) out in a previous game. Apparently I cannot win without timeout...

I checked his t/out stats - he has claimed 9.95% of his wins through timeout.

My timeout percentage is 6.19%...

Go figure...

Do any of you find that people who cliam the most T/O's often use the function more often?

I think it is pathetic to display one's ignorance before checking your facts.

But then, I am not from the country that brought us Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and police violence...
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 07:57
    Originally posted by Antoine
    Just received a taunt from Joyobonics because I dared time him(?) out in a previous game. Apparently I cannot win without timeout...

I checked his t/out stats - he has claimed 9.95% of his wins through timeout.

My timeout percentage is 6.19%...

Go figure...

Do any of you find that people who cliam the most T/O's often use the function more often? ...[text shortened]... , I am not from the country that brought us Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and police violence...
    Do you think that comparing a whinge about you taking a timeout in a chess game, with the apparent endemic police violence in your country is a reasonable pitch?
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 08:53
    Grow up, manchild.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 08:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you think that comparing a whinge about you taking a timeout in a chess game, with the apparent endemic police violence in your country is a reasonable pitch?
    Don't you think your choosing to zoom in on the relatively small angle of "police violence" in one particular country, whilst leaving the entire gamut of horrors of the C20th unmentioned, undermines you as a commentator on what "a reasonable pitch" might be?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 09:01
    Watch out, people! Catfight ensuing! Nails will be broken! RUUUUUN!
  6. Standard memberAntoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    South Africa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 09:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The last sentence was just the normal stab at a terrible nation - I can't resist those! 😀
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 11:09
    Originally posted by Antoine
    The last sentence was just the normal stab at a terrible nation - I can't resist those! 😀
    Which wonderful nation holds the honor of having you as a solid citizen?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 11:43
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Which wonderful nation holds the honor of having you as a solid citizen?
    It its not just fake, he seems to be a white South African. Probably supported Apartheid.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:18
    Don't tell the gringos where you're from! Be careful!

#NerdLivesMatter
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:42
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Don't tell the gringos where you're from! Be careful!

#NerdLivesMatter
    Some assshole here already did that to me, put up my house here from google Earth.

Lesson learned. But I am not South African, the nearest I have been to SA was Cairo.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't you think your choosing to zoom in on the relatively small angle of "police violence" in one particular country, whilst leaving the entire gamut of horrors of the C20th unmentioned, undermines you as a commentator on what "a reasonable pitch" might be?
    In order to progress important debates such as this, one needs to make some unilateral assumptions, such as: the majority of the "gumut of horrors of the C20th" would be even worse (horror) than the shootings mentioned in the OP and therefore bring them into the discussion is moot. Furthermore, as the OP only specifically mentions "shootings" it is incumbent upon the challenger, in this case myself, to demonstrate that the OP intended not only to compare himself being frivolously castigated for taking a chess timeout with "shootings" but was also, by incidental implication, was comparing the said frivolity with a broader range of even worse contemporary horrors.
    I felt that to attempt this would have been presumptive and provocative on my part.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Some assshole here already did that to me, put up my house here from google Earth.
    What? You're freakin' kidding me. I thought there was only 1 Gramps.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 15:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    What? You're freakin' kidding me. I thought there was only 1 Gramps.
    Name, amateur radio call letters, address and photo of my house from google Earth. All because I was dumb enough to put up my call on our public forum. Lesson learned.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 15:51
    Name, amateur radio call letters, address and photo of my house from google Earth. All because I was dumb enough to put up my call on our public forum. Lesson learned.
    Oh gee, that's low. Who was the douchebag???
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 15:59

Lesson learned. But I am not South African, the nearest I have been to SA was Cairo.
    Yeah: it showed you out front yelling at some kids to get off your lawn.
    Plus, some dog left a turd that looks like it came from a cow behind your house by the recycle can.

EDIT: HOLY COW YOUR NEIGHBOR TO THE LEFT OF YOU HAS A GREAT RACK!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree