1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:27
    @Very-Rusty
    I have recently moved into a brand new house, and so did my neighbours. My next-door neighbours are very nice, very helpful and sociable and a bit eccentric. They told me that every Christmas they take out 1100 Santa Claus pieces - big and small - from the storage. To keep these in their apartment during Christmas, they need to remove the same space from other things and then, after Christmas, make the same exchange. I think it's wonderful, especially since I only have three Santa Claus. 🙂
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:34
    @torunn said
    @Very-Rusty
    I have recently moved into a brand new house, and so did my neighbours. My next-door neighbours are very nice, very helpful and sociable and a bit eccentric. They told me that every Christmas they take out 1100 Santa Claus pieces - big and small - from the storage. To keep these in their apartment during Christmas, they need to remove the same space from other thi ...[text shortened]... , make the same exchange. I think it's wonderful, especially since I only have three Santa Claus. 🙂
    Luckily, as like with family, you don’t get to pick your neighbours, at least one of your’s (neighbours) seem to be friendly.👍
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:44
    @torunn said
    @Very-Rusty
    I have recently moved into a brand new house, and so did my neighbours. My next-door neighbours are very nice, very helpful and sociable and a bit eccentric. They told me that every Christmas they take out 1100 Santa Claus pieces - big and small - from the storage. To keep these in their apartment during Christmas, they need to remove the same space from other thi ...[text shortened]... , make the same exchange. I think it's wonderful, especially since I only have three Santa Claus. 🙂
    I agree with GBS, You got lucky to have friendly neighbors. I've been fortunate that way also. Nothing wrong with a bit eccentric. 🙂

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 16:52
    @great-big-stees said
    Luckily, as like with family, you don’t get to pick your neighbours, at least one of your’s (neighbours) seem to be friendly.👍
    I was introduced to a few at a Christmas meet-up and they all seem very nice. I want it to stay that way so no close encounters - just small chat when we happen to meet.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 17:03
    @torunn said
    I was introduced to a few at a Christmas meet-up and they all seem very nice. I want it to stay that way so no close encounters - just small chat when we happen to meet.
    Even without the Pandemic good to be friendly with the neighbors, but keep them at arms length and not get to chummy as it will lead to problems.

-VR
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 19:39
    @ogb said
    have u put up video cams around yur house? maybe yur neighbor is a jerk....
    My neighbors are too boring to be jerks.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 19:40
    @mchill said
    My neighbors are too boring to be jerks.
    Isn't that a good thing?

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 19:46
    @very-rusty said
    Even without the Pandemic good to be friendly with the neighbors, but keep them at arms length and not get to chummy as it will lead to problems.

-VR
    I lived earlier in a house with 24 apartments. Most of us moved in when the house was new. I lived there for 17 years and got on very well with all of them. My present condominium has 79 apartments and I will never get to know people enough to get close.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 19:57
    @torunn said
    I lived earlier in a house with 24 apartments. Most of us moved in when the house was new. I lived there for 17 years and got on very well with all of them. My present condominium has 79 apartments and I will never get to know people enough to get close.
    I find if you get to close to people, you become part of their problem. What I mean is they have a problem then they try and make it your problem. Therefore reason to be friendly but keep distance, unless you want to deal with other peoples problems. Not for me. 🙂

-VR
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 14:191 edit

Removed by poster

11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 14:251 edit
    @ogb removed their quoted post
    Don't you pay attention ogb? She is a Swede.

-VR
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:10
    @ogb said
    My neighbourhood doesn't need any of that. (Also, my neighbours are nice people.)
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 02:07
    @contenchess said
    I'm on a good street right now.

I've lived on some bad ones.
    sir, be aware that there are NO "good" streets. Even in upscale, wealthy neighborhoods you will find guns !
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 04:34
    @ogb said
    sir, be aware that there are NO "good" streets. Even in upscale, wealthy neighborhoods you will find guns !
    Not sure about that one.

I think a nice gated community with a gun ban would be cool
  15. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 07:53
    @ogb said
    No need for cam's here. My neighbors are mostly old duffers who's only crimes are crossing the street too slowly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree