1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 16:312 edits
    This is probably going to be a very short thread when you stop and think about the title. It should probably be titled “things we didn’t know existed but now we do”, but that’s a bit long and not nearly as interesting somehow. Which begs a further question, how can something we don’t know exists be more interesting than something we do know exists even though it wasn’t known to exist for a long time? Furthermore, what if there is something which I know exists and I find really really interesting...and you know of something which you don’t know exists...which is the most interesting? I digress, sorry.

My thing, the item which I didn’t know existed and has inspired this convoluted, and some of you will say ‘quite silly’ OP, is the Smart Plug.

No it’s not a cleverly articulated rhetorical device for recommending ones own book, and not is it some kind of anal attachment for managing rectal incontinence. No, it is neither of those things. A Smart Plug is a thing which you plug into a preselected electrical socket in your home or office and which can connect to your WiFi and allegedly anything electrically powered device which you plug into the Smart Plug can be controlled by you remotely via the WiFi interface. Incredible.

At the moment I don’t have a need for a Smart Plug but now I know of its existence I do feel that the fleeting interest value of the previously unknown Smart Plug has been somewhat diminished by its very existence becoming known to me.

Still another hour before the Football is on TV...
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 16:35
    skynet now has access to yer pacemaker

tell me if this tingles
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 16:36
    @divegeester
    Well, I am on a slightly lower level - I still can't figure out how you can hear a voice from a long distance through a telephone wire. 🙂
  4. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 16:43
    @torunn said
    @divegeester
    Well, I am on a slightly lower level - I still can't figure out how you can hear a voice from a long distance through a telephone wire. 🙂
    I agree...
    I could understand hearing a robotic voice but somehow my voice goes through wires and empty space and ...well there you go.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 16:59
    @divegeester said
    This is probably going to be a very short thread when you stop and think about the title. It should probably be titled “things we didn’t know existed but now we do”, but that’s a bit long and not nearly as interesting somehow. Which begs a further question, how can something we don’t know exists be more interesting than something we do know exists even though it w ...[text shortened]... d by its very existence becoming known to me.

Still another hour before the Football is on TV...
    Will my refrigerator bring me a beer ? 😛
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 17:12
    So this was about 8 years ago in India, jumping spiders... who knew? Walking along and then *jump*... what did they spider just do? 😲
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 17:32
    higgs boson
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:14
    @lemondrop said
    higgs boson
    Waaaaay past my intellectual capability. Hell, I have trouble remembering my code to get onto RHP. 😲
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:292 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    Waaaaay past my intellectual capability. Hell, I have trouble remembering my code to get onto RHP. 😲
    You have a code? I have a password! 😉 No it isn't "password"!! 😛

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:31
    @very-rusty said
    You have a code? I have a password! 😉 No it isn't "password"!! 😛

-VR
    My code is very complicated and that's my main problem. I may just change it to "enter RHP".
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:32
    @great-big-stees said
    I think you have a choice to keep your password 'stored' and access RHP automatically.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:35
    @torunn said
    I think you have a choice to keep your password 'stored' and access RHP automatically.
    See how untechy I am. That would make it soooo easy. Now to figure out how to do that.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 12:411 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    See how untechy I am. That would make it soooo easy. Now to figure out how to do that.
    There are a lot of techy people here - they will know what to do. I can't remember what I did. If you use RHP from two different places - laptop and Ipad... well, somebody here will know.
  14. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 15:50
    I love being "introduced" to musical talent that I didn't before know existed.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 17:31
    TrustedHousesitters - I discovered this on Instagram 3 months ago. It’s an international pet & house sitting agency on which applicants can pay to register as a sitter then have access to explore their wide range of pet & house sitting duties which include free accommodation in numerous countries and locations around the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree