1. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 17:00
    @very-rusty said
    As it turns out the RCMP may not be responsible for the Royals security if they are going to be living here. I have heard rumours that their security will cost 100,000 dollars a day! Sounds like a lot to me, could this be true?

-VR
    Sure looks like they are tooling Canada big time. And they are worth millions? and they are consulting with the Obamas and Oprah Winfrey on how to score big bucks in the US. This all disgusts me. Millionaires and soon-to-be billionaires and they have to get taxpayers from Canada to pay for their security? Even Gates and Bezos don't have that hutzpah
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 17:09
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Sure looks like they are tooling Canada big time. And they are worth millions? and they are consulting with the Obamas and Oprah Winfrey on how to score big bucks in the US. This all disgusts me. Millionaires and soon-to-be billionaires and they have to get taxpayers from Canada to pay for their security? Even Gates and Bezos don't have that hutzpah
    Well if they need advise on how to make money quickly, Obama and Oprah are the two people to ask, either that or Quid Pro Joe Biden.

Maybe he can consult a Ukrainian gas company or some such nonsense.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 13:37
    @very-rusty said
    As it turns out the RCMP may not be responsible for the Royals security if they are going to be living here. I have heard rumours that their security will cost 100,000 dollars a day! Sounds like a lot to me, could this be true?

-VR
    Well aren't they, somewhat, wealthy? Why is it incumbent on anyone, other than themselves, to take care of any of their expenses? I have not anywhere nearly as much income as they do and yet I pay for all of mine without any "assistance". OK I'm not, and never have been, a "royal" but hey luck of the draw eh? I say, welcome them with open arms but not open pocketbooks. The money that would be spent on them would do well to help those Canadians who are at the diametrically opposite end of the social spectrum who really need the funds.

Let's see what this results in...response wise.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 19:06
    @great-big-stees said
    Well aren't they, somewhat, wealthy? Why is it incumbent on anyone, other than themselves, to take care of any of their expenses? I have not anywhere nearly as much income as they do and yet I pay for all of mine without any "assistance". OK I'm not, and never have been, a "royal" but hey luck of the draw eh? I say, welcome them with open arms but not open pocketbooks ...[text shortened]... of the social spectrum who really need the funds.

Let's see what this results in...response wise.
    You have a security team?

๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 19:182 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I believe that is still being discussed on who will be paying for what and how much.

I don't see why the tax payers of Canada should be paying anything if they are going to be living here 6 months of the year, that is a bit more than visit in my opinion.

We will just have to wait and see how it plays out as we as ordinary citizens don't have much say in what is done. I know a poll was done and 61% said we shouldn't be responsible for paying for them at all.

They are reportedly worth 40 million between them. The interest on one million is around 25,000 a year so with 40 million do the math. They have more than enough to live on without our help. Now the 100,000 a day for security could present problems for them I would assume. I think that is part of what is being worked out.

-VR
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 18:35
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Why can't they just have two pit bulls, like any other Tom, Dick, or Harry? I can't believe that would cost 100,000 a day.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:00
    @moonbus said
    Why can't they just have two pit bulls, like any other Tom, Dick, or Harry? I can't believe that would cost 100,000 a day.
    I assume because they are not just like any other Tom, Dick, or Harry! ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 00:57
    ^^ Don't encourage them, Rusty!
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:08
    @very-rusty said
    I assume because they are not just like any other Tom, Dick, or Harry! ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR
    But isn't that what Harry wants to be? And Meghan is a commoner, so she's that already anyway.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 12:49
    @moonbus said
    But isn't that what Harry wants to be? And Meghan is a commoner, so she's that already anyway.
    UPDATE: It has been on the news over this side of the pond that Harry and Meghan will have to look after their own security. The RCMP are only used as security along with the English security during Royal visits. This move would not be considered a visit, but Canada certainly welcomes them. I am sure they will draw lots of media and tourist attraction over here.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree