1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:04
    So, Harry goes to the palace to resolve the whole 'stepping down from the monarchy' thing and the BBC describes it as the 'Sandringham summit.' Seriously?

Harry went to have a chat with his gran. Does that really qualify as a summit?

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a few colleagues (aka, The Costa Summit).
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:28
    As it turns out the RCMP may not be responsible for the Royals security if they are going to be living here. I have heard rumours that their security will cost 100,000 dollars a day! Sounds like a lot to me, could this be true?

-VR
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So, Harry goes to the palace to resolve the whole 'stepping down from the monarchy' thing and the BBC describes it as the 'Sandringham summit.' Seriously?

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a few colleagues (aka, The Costa Summit).
    It’s a joke, that family are a joke, except the Queen herself.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:32
    @very-rusty said
    As it turns out the RCMP may not be responsible for the Royals security if they are going to be living here. I have heard rumours that their security will cost 100,000 dollars a day! Sounds like a lot to me, could this be true?

-VR
    Well, British security services have to be given plenty of tea and sandwiches.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:33
    @divegeester said
    It’s a joke, that family are a joke, except the Queen herself.
    God save the Queen.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:42
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Oh go on, just pay up you meanies. You know they’re good value for the money!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:49
    @drewnogal said
    You may have read that the Monarchy is going to be trimmed back under BoJo’s leadership so I think Ginger & Megs were on the hit list anyway.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    God save the Queen.
    From her family I presume !
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:52
    @divegeester said
    You may have read that the Monarchy is going to be trimmed back under BoJo’s leadership so I think Ginger & Megs were on the hit list anyway.
    You make them sound like a joint of pork.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Summit or summat.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 23:23
    @drewnogal said
    A poll done here in Canada doesn't agree with you. I don't know how many were involved in the poll. I can't see them having the private life they are seeking here in Canada.

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 06:421 edit
    @drewnogal said
    You make them sound like a joint of pork.
    Thank you!

😆
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 06:44
    @very-rusty said
    A poll done here in Canada doesn't agree with you.
    How do Canadians decide if tax payers in a foreign country perceive their own Monarchy to be good value?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 13:064 edits
    @divegeester said
    How do Canadians decide if tax payers in a foreign country perceive their own Monarchy to be good value?
    The tax payers do not decide....the politicians who the people have elected decide. This was a poll done to see if the Canadian public thought 100,000 dollars a day should be spent on protection for the Royals.

This story is far from over, there is talk of them spending half of their time here and half in the UK. We will all just have to watch and see how it plays out. I am sure where ever they are living would become a tourist attraction! They will still have to deal with the paparazzi daily.

-VR
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 13:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, British security services have to be given plenty of tea and sandwiches.
    LOL....I don't think even the British security services could eat and drink 100,000 dollars worth! 🙂 Should be interesting to see how this all plays out and who pays what in the end. I thought part of the reason was for them to become financially independent and have a more private life for the children? I really can't see that happening no matter where they are living. Sources say they only have a measly 40 million between them. 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree