1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 21:55
    Rate it or not?

I’ve watched it a couple of times and found it enjoyable both times, but it’s not a scratch on the “Bohemian Rhapsody” biopic.
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 22:01
    @divegeester said
    Rate it or not?

I’ve watched it a couple of times and found it enjoyable both times, but it’s not a scratch on the “Bohemian Rhapsody” biopic.
    Rubbish👎
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 22:03
    @chris-guffogg said
    Rubbish👎
    Care to expand on your rating Chris?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 05:05
    Haven't seen it, probably not going to, queen were one of the greatness bands ever and the movie about Freddy was done brilliantly, Elton however... well, wasn't a fan.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 06:30
    @divegeester said
    Rate it or not?

Yeah, I watched it and it was alright.

I still think Your Song was maybe his greatest.

The Queen biopic was so much more epic, though, I agree. Freddie Mercury's passing made it much more tragic.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 06:53
    @suzianne said
    Yeah, I watched it and it was alright.
    After a second watch I have decided what I don’t like about Rocketman :

- Poor acting, hammy, even pantomime in places . Taron Egerton is great in singing sessions but doesn’t have the acting skills to pull off the drama and vicious cruelty of an egotistical young Elton.
    - Lack of connection between many scenes and chronology errors, e.g. the recording of Don’t Go Breaking My Heart was set too early in the movie’s timeline
    - The mix of cabaret and drama doesn’t sit well together and the whole thing would probably work better on Broadway.

However I did enjoy it, twice.

Best scene? Undoubtedly the creation from scratch of Your Song as Taupin, Elton’s Nan and his Mum look on in awe.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 10:40
    @divegeester said
    After a second watch I have decided what I don’t like about Rocketman :

- Poor acting, hammy, even pantomime in places . Taron Egerton is great in singing sessions but doesn’t have the acting skills to pull off the drama and vicious cruelty of an egotistical young Elton.
    - Lack of connection between many scenes and chronology errors, e.g. the recording of Don’t Go Bre ...[text shortened]... ndoubtedly the creation from scratch of Your Song as Taupin, Elton’s Nan and his Mum look on in awe.
    Valid points, all.

Even the movie about the Doors (can't remember the title) was better.

Like you, though, none of that kept me from enjoying it.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 11:12
    I plan on watching it, I think it's coming to Netflix soon.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 12:49
    @trev33 said
    Haven't seen it, probably not going to, queen were one of the greatness bands ever and the movie about Freddy was done brilliantly, Elton however... well, wasn't a fan.
    both crap

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree