1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 18:15
    @ponderable said
    Mmh I see some difficulties with this thread...the vote on length which is quite well visited is now somewhere in the middle, as soon as we start the next voting it will be somewhere in the obscure beginning... The post in which I try to set up and explain the voting may suffer the same fate. So I wil try to have a reminder now and then.

The voting on length can be fo ...[text shortened]... link into your browser you end up at the actual voting post (I don't think that there is a shortcut.
    Perhaps the vote for the theme of the competition could be the first post in a new thread?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 18:191 edit
    So for the topic vote I suggest that we do it in two rounds. First round everybody chooses their favourite giving 5 points, the second choice getting 3 points and the third getting one point.
    After the round ahs finished we revote with one point each vote on the first three plus all options within one point of the third ranked.
    The first round will go for three days the second one also. Then we can start writing after good Friday.

I hope that procedure is okay with everybody. You can increase the chance for your favourite if you only put one vote.

the candidates are:

* A dystopian future
    * Happy Ending
    * Freewheel
    * the Mountain
    * Escape
    * Childhood revisited
    * Positivity
    * unusual perspective
    * The Knowledge

So voting ends for the first round 6th of April 18:00 (site time).

Following the Ghosts' advice I have created a voting thread: Thread 184713
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 18:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Perhaps the vote for the theme of the competition could be the first post in a new thread?
    Very good suggestion. I will put it into effect directly.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 18:43
    @ponderable said
    Mmh I see some difficulties with this thread...the vote on length which is quite well visited is now somewhere in the middle, as soon as we start the next voting it will be somewhere in the obscure beginning... The post in which I try to set up and explain the voting may suffer the same fate. So I wil try to have a reminder now and then.

The voting on length can be fo ...[text shortened]... link into your browser you end up at the actual voting post (I don't think that there is a shortcut.
    oh and everybody who wants to vote on the length you find the vote on page 4 ogf this thread or by copying and pasting that link into your browser:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=184663&frompage=4&quotedpostid=4182849
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 18:561 edit
    @ponderable said
    Very good suggestion. I will put it into effect directly.
    I don't believe people not actually writing should get a vote on what is written about!

-VR
  6. RSA
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 20:15
    Personally, I didn't really like the idea of a theme. I felt that it constrained some writers by making their writing contrived. I enjoyed reading whatever people's minds came up with during the pre-theme era.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 20:21
    @ashiitaka said
    Personally, I didn't really like the idea of a theme. I felt that it constrained some writers by making their writing contrived. I enjoyed reading whatever people's minds came up with during the pre-theme era.
    I concur!

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 02:17
    @ashiitaka said
    Ya mean like “freewheeling”?🤔
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 04:55
    @ashiitaka said
    As GBS pointed out this would be the option "freewheeling"-
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 11:38
    @ponderable said
    As GBS pointed out this would be the option "freewheeling"-
    I believe that is a great idea!

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 12:51
    @very-rusty said
    I believe that is a great idea!

-VR
    You're just saying that 'cause it's true.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 12:53
    @great-big-stees said
    You're just saying that 'cause it's true.
    Will you be participating this time, Stees?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 12:59
    @torunn said
    Will you be participating this time, Stees?
    As long as we use Freewheeling otherwise NO WAY José.

😉
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 13:021 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    As long as we use Freewheeling otherwise NO WAY José.

😉
    Well, there seem to be a few supporting that idea. Perhaps you had better prepare yourself... 🙂
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 13:37
    @torunn said
    Well, there seem to be a few supporting that idea. Perhaps you had better prepare yourself... 🙂
    Please don't pressure me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree