1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 16:52
    "Parents are as happy as their least happy child." Up for discussion if you have any ideas on this philosophy.

-VR
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:00
    @very-rusty said
    "Parents are as happy as their least happy child." Up for discussion if you have any ideas on this philosophy.

-VR
    Seems untrue, given that parents also experience things outside of their parental duties that might contribute to their overall happiness/contentment. How do you want to define 'happy' ?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:57
    @wildgrass said
    Seems untrue, given that parents also experience things outside of their parental duties that might contribute to their overall happiness/contentment. How do you want to define 'happy' ?
    Up for discussion if you have any ideas on this philosophy?

-VR
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:32
    @very-rusty said
    Up for discussion if you have any ideas on this philosophy?

-VR
    You'll have to define what you mean by 'happy' first.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 19:33
    @wildgrass said
    You'll have to define what you mean by 'happy' first.
    I actually don't have to do anything but present the question, you don't know the answer just say so! No one will think any less of you than they do now! 😉

-VR
  6. Dublin
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 19:44
    @very-rusty said
    I actually don't have to do anything but present the question, you don't know the answer just say so! No one will think any less of you than they do now! 😉

-VR
    My parents told me
    "GET OUT AND GET A JOB!!!".

But I'm only 5 I replied.ðŸĪ’
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 19:49
    @instantkarma777 said
    My parents told me
    "GET OUT AND GET A JOB!!!".

But I'm only 5 I replied.ðŸĪ’
    I think you forget the 0 after the 5!!! 🙂

-VR
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 21:07
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I have to agree with that. You cannot be happy when one of your kids; someone you love more than anything else in the world, has something making them unhappy. If my kids are ok then I feel great.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 21:131 edit
    @drewnogal said
    I have to agree with that. You cannot be happy when one of your kids; someone you love more than anything else in the world, has something making them unhappy. If my kids are ok then I feel great.
    Yes, I have to agree with that. How can someone be happy if one of your kids are not happy? I think the person would have to be very uncaring. Interestingly enough I am Very Happy most of the time as is wife. They are all grown now and everyone is doing well. We are Grandparents now so love spoiling the grandkids!

-VR
  10. Dublin
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 21:32
    @drewnogal said
    You can always sell them on E bay.ðŸĪŠ
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 22:22
    @instantkarma777 said
    You can always sell them on E bay.ðŸĪŠ
    That will not win you many points either! 😛

-VR
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 03:26
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Drugs can make you happy. I think characteristics like confidence, satisfaction and curiosity matter more than happiness.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 03:55
    @wildgrass said
    Drugs can make you happy.
    Yes. I agree, they can. Kids in bed. Work done. And then settle down with a Dead show from April 1972 or from May 1977.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 04:40
    @fmf said
    Yes. I agree, they can. Kids in bed. Work done. And then settle down with a Dead show from April 1972 or from May 1977.
    Lol there's a 1974 show I have downloaded on my phone and it definitely makes me happy. Maybe more than kids, and they're great.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 05:20
    If I am not mistaken, a sub-strata of QAnon predicted that on the 57th day of this year, Deadheads would come out into the open using years and months as a code to acknowledge each other. One step closer to Trump returning to power on the 4th March.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree