1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 05:05
    Tomorrow, noon Pacific Standard Time (that’s 8 p.m. if you’re in England), I will be on the radio. If you don’t agree with what I have to say, listen anyway...the music is brilliant 😉

Box 39
    Colne Radio 106.6 FM, Colchester
    https://colneradio.com
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 05:10
    Sounds good, is it easy for anyone to tune in?
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 05:30
    @drewnogal said
    Sounds good, is it easy for anyone to tune in?
    Yes, it is. Just go to the link and look for the orange (I think it's the same colour for everyone) arrow. It will allow you to "live stream" it. Sadly, I was not able to be in the studio (this time) due to Covid-19 and the distance...so we did a studio Zoom recording of it...but some day...
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 07:06
    @hakima said
    Yes, it is. Just go to the link and look for the orange (I think it's the same colour for everyone) arrow. It will allow you to "live stream" it. Sadly, I was not able to be in the studio (this time) due to Covid-19 and the distance...so we did a studio Zoom recording of it...but some day...
    Excellent. I'll be listening.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 09:16
    @hakima said
    Tomorrow, noon Pacific Standard Time (that’s 8 p.m. if you’re in England), I will be on the radio. If you don’t agree with what I have to say, listen anyway...the music is brilliant 😉

Box 39
    Colne Radio 106.6 FM, Colchester
    https://colneradio.com
    Bravo!
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 10:46
    🚬
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 13:229 edits
    @hakima
    So 11PM eastern time.
    Are you a musician? Or are you the DJ? I assume the FM station is online as well as a regular broadcaster over the air?
    I went to the site and found the Thursday schedule, Ah, I see the "box 39" and I see it is at 8 PM not 8 AM, so 11 PM our time.
    What kind of music will you be doing? I think you know I compose tunes for acoustic instruments and have 123 tracks on Soundcloud, will give you the link in PM if you wish. I always perk up my ears when I hear about other musicians.
    Do you have music on other venues like Soundcloud or Reverbnation and the like?

At first I thought Colne radio was in California due to your mention of timeline but now I see it is in England, so now I seem to be back to 3 PM our time here in the Eastern US. Does that sound right?

So Box 39 is a THURSDAY show, right? I didn't find a 2000 time slot on Friday.

Looking at your profile, I am wondering if what you are presenting is not music but spoken word?
    Sorry for misunderstanding, I just assumed it would be music.
    So spoken word, poetry? Accompanied by some acoustic music?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 13:31
    @hakima

Excellent. I am sure you will be as interesting and thoughtful as always
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 13:433 edits
    @Blood-On-The-Tracks
    Ah, you are a Bob Dylan fan. Nice. I got his first record when it first came out and was totally blown away, later finding people like Carolyn Hester where Dylan was found playing harp on her first album, and then another total blown about the same time when I first heard Angie by Bert Jansch on guitar.

I assume you are talking about Tangled up in Blue. Well Simple twist of Fate is a great song also. His songs could be made into movies, like some of the songs of Gordon Lightfoot or Bruce Springsteen or Stan Rogers or Bruce Cockburn or Joni Mitchell or Lenard Cohen.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 15:431 edit
    @sonhouse

What school did you went to? Jeesh. East coast US is 5 hours behind England.
    Their 8:00 pm is 3 pm, east coast, which is noon, west coast. Hakima is right.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 15:46
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @sonhouse

Their 8:00 pm is 3 pm, east coast, which is noon, west coast.
    Correct!
    I was just thinking the same thing. Also, I believe that she means that the broadcast will be Friday, 24 July @ 1200 PST (1500 EST).
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 15:50
    @Earl-of-Trumps

I know England is 5 hours ahead, but I was confused by the original time which was West coast. She did say tomorrow but when I went to the link Box 39 is a program slot and only on Thursday so It seems it must be today maybe 4PM.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 16:41
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @sonhouse

Their 8:00 pm is 3 pm, east coast, which is noon, west coast. Hakima is right.
    He's still trying to fix his computer, no time for working out time-zones correctly.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 16:43
    @wolfe63 said
    Correct!
    I was just thinking the same thing. Also, I believe that she means that the broadcast will be Friday, 24 July @ 1200 PST (1500 EST).
    Well today is Thursday and she said it would be on tomorrow, soo... yeah, tomorrow is Friday.

FFS people are stupid.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 17:23
    @trev33 said
    Well today is Thursday and she said it would be on tomorrow, soo... yeah, tomorrow is Friday.

FFS people are stupid.
    But what timezone was Hakima in when she first posted, which was at 1:05 AM EDT from my TZPOV?

If she was on the US west coast, then it would still have been Wednesday for her, and therefore "tomorrow" would be today, Thursday. But if she were in the UK, then "tomorrow" would have meant Friday.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree