1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:46
    😢
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:47
    Shocking to see. One of my favorite buildings.
  3. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:50
    WoW
    History gone. Unfortunate. ☹️
    Any ideas how it started?
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:53
    @chessturd

There were renovations underway, so maybe connected.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:57
    These things should not happen.
    It's not earthquake or lightening.
    But faulty wiring or discarded cigarette.

Shocking.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 18:58
    Wow....A piece of history gone, so sad.

-VR
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 19:00
    I understand it needed a lot of renovation and it is well insured.

Just sayin’...
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 19:04
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 19:15
    According to Swedish media, the question has been raised why it took so long to get the extinguishing started.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 19:561 edit
    Tragic!

As it now was:
    YouTube
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 20:27
    @drewnogal said
    Tragic!

As it now was:
    [youtube]XQUOl8VnudA[/youtube]
    Thanks for posting that! Interesting the concrete mortar held fast while the stones were the ones being porous and the water deteriorating the stones over the centuries. Maybe they should be using rock not so porous?
  12. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 20:47
    @torunn said
    According to Swedish media, the question has been raised why it took so long to get the extinguishing started.
    It looks like they aren't doing anything.
    Maybe some fires are too big to put out?
  13. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 23:40
    Quasimodo had been working at Notre Dame for several years without taking even one day off. He finally decided he needed a vacation. He spoke to the bishop at Notre Dame and asked for two weeks off. The bishop agreed on one condition - Quasimodo had to find someone to replace him for the two weeks he would be gone. Quasimodo agreed and put an ad in the paper for a bell ringer.

The next day, his doorbell rang. Quasimodo answered it and there was a man standing there with no arms. Quasimodo said, "Can I help you?" The man answered, "I'm here about the position of bell ringer."

Quasimodo looked at the man and said, "Are you crazy? You don't have any arms. You can't ring bells!"

The man replied, "I use my face. I come from a long line of bell ringers and none of us has arms. We are excellent bell ringers." Quasimodo was curious, so he said, "Let's see how you do," and he took the man up to the bell tower. He pointed at the biggest bell. "Ok, go ahead and show me what you can do."

The man took a running start and raced over to the bell, hitting it with his face. The bell rang beautifully. It was almost as good as Quasimodo's bell ringing. Quasimodo was impressed. "Ok, let's see how you do with the other bells." They went over to the smallest bell. "Go ahead, show me what you've got."

Again, the man took a running start and launched himself at the bell. He missed and went right out the window and fell to the street below, dying instantly.

Quasimodo raced down the stairs and out into the street. A policeman walked up to him and said, "Do you know who this man is?" Quasimodo shook his head. "No, I don't, but his face rings a bell."
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 23:42
    Although sad, this is somewhat symbolic

The Catholic church as devolved to the point of essentially ignoring the world wide mass genocide of abortion, at least according to their theology, while giving sermons on the evils of building walls instead. Don't get me started on the continual pedophilia fiasco that the Lefties in the church refuse to address.

Then there is Europe, a continent who has essentially become secularized, aside from the mass immigration of Muslims, and have kicked God and the Bible out of their lives.

I say bull does the cathedral and build an abortion center or something or perhaps a monument to Karl Marx.

Enjoy Europe.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 23:44
    @the-gravedigger said
    Quasimodo had been working at Notre Dame for several years without taking even one day off. He finally decided he needed a vacation. He spoke to the bishop at Notre Dame and asked for two weeks off. The bishop agreed on one condition - Quasimodo had to find someone to replace him for the two weeks he would be gone. Quasimodo agreed and put an ad in the paper for a bel ...[text shortened]... , "Do you know who this man is?" Quasimodo shook his head. "No, I don't, but his face rings a bell."
    You are in luck, I have live footage of Quasimodo.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree