1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 10:38
    @r-to-d2 said
    True but I have a better chance of being a professional video game hockey player than actually making it to the NHL.
    So that would mean that there are more professsional video game hockey players, than Players in the NHL. I don't thin this is true.

It is very hard to become a person earning ones life by playing video games.
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 12:48
    Swing Ball in the Para Olympics.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 12:50
    Blindfolded pin the tale on the donkey?🤔
  4. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    29 Jul '21 00:58
    @mchill said
    Skateboarding
    Sport climbing
    Surfing

I'm not 100% convinced these should be Olympic sports anymore than Yoga. However, as an older guy I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.
    @mchill Agreed.

It wasn't rhetorical - it was a real question. "Are the Summer Olympics improved by adding surfing as a medal event?" Maybe yes - I can accept that.

I did not include karate because that seems an easier question. I would watch that.

I tried to watch the skateboarding - it looked liked the kids at the local skate park. I mean I am sure they were trying harder tricks (how would I know?) - but it was very hit and miss just like the kids around here in Wisconsin.

Watching the softball and soccer, swimming and gymnastics , diving and volleyball, I never once thought - that looks like the kids I see at the local park...
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 07:25
    @anitya said
    @mchill Agreed.

It wasn't rhetorical - it was a real question. "Are the Summer Olympics improved by adding surfing as a medal event?" Maybe yes - I can accept that.

I did not include karate because that seems an easier question. I would watch that.

I tried to watch the skateboarding - it looked liked the kids at the local skate park. I mean I am sure they were t ...[text shortened]... , diving and volleyball, I never once thought - that looks like the kids I see at the local park...
    Tend to agree with you, how these sports are included and not cricket is beyond me, any sport in which a judge decides who wins can't be good. Boxing is another, why did they move from points for punches landed to judges?

These Olympics suck anyway, no fans and on during the night here, not the same.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 07:45
    A Sports Psychology Event: One to determine which athlete will overcome the most attention and pressure without collapsing into tears and self-pity.
  7. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 10:52
    Been watching the beach volleyball and already there is a wrist injury.
    Hopefully I'll be ok by the weekend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree