1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 08:04
    This is dedicated to NHS workers but I think it applicable around the world.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-52158721/coronavirus-christopher-eccleston-reads-a-poetic-tribute-to-the-nhs
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 11:41
    @wolfgang59 said
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-52158721/coronavirus-christopher-eccleston-reads-a-poetic-tribute-to-the-nhs
    They are our first line defenders against this nasty Virus. If they go down what becomes of EVERYONE!!! I contact my niece who is a nurse everyday to see how she is doing as she works right in the line of fire. I also have a brother and siter-in-law who are also Nurses. It will be nice when this is all over to get together with them hopefully!

-VR
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 13:14
    @wolfgang59 Shame to see the word 'new' before nurses though. They were always heroes when they were keeping going, giving above and beyond, through year on year service cuts and years of frozen nurses' pay, despite being ridiculously low paid for the responsibility that they take. They were forgotten then and they will be forgotten again.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 14:03
    @petewxyz said
    @wolfgang59 Shame to see the word 'new' before nurses though. They were always heroes when they were keeping going, giving above and beyond, through year on year service cuts and years of frozen nurses' pay, despite being ridiculously low paid for the responsibility that they take. They were forgotten then and they will be forgotten again.
    I don't think they will be soon forgotten after this over. Hope the majority of us on this site live to see it!

-VR
  5. Joined
    31 Mar '20
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 14:33
    Let's not forget the food service people who are still handling money from hundreds of customers every day.
    They are taking a risk also and they are not in bio-suits like the nurses and doctors.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 14:40
    @flopwrist said
    Let's not forget the food service people who are still handling money from hundreds of customers every day.
    They are taking a risk also and they are not in bio-suits like the nurses and doctors.
    Or the truckers who move that food! There are places will not let them even use the washroom, which is disgraceful.

-VR
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 21:51
    @petewxyz said
    Well I agree with you there but they are the "new heroes" of the moment.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 21:541 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Well I agree with you there but they are the "new heroes" of the moment.
    First line responders have always been the heroes, it is just being noticed more now! They are getting some of the respect they deserved for many years! What would we do without Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics,Fireman, Policeman. and now we are seeing how important those who move the food are.

-VR
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 02:11
    @wolfgang59 said
    Thanks man. We're just doing our jobs.

Preparations for this have been in the works for years. But the reality of the present was unimaginable back then.

I doubt that we'll again suffer complacency, any time soon.
  10. Joined
    15 Nov '15
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 02:31
    Hope we all learn from this everyone everywhere so not have to have repeat of this again!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 12:12
    @texasnurse said
    Hope we all learn from this everyone everywhere so not have to have repeat of this again!
    A sad fact is that history has a way of repeating itself!

-VR
  12. Joined
    15 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Apr '20 03:40
    @Very-Rusty

Yup but only way to end that thread is actually learning from the past and present
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '20 03:49
    As long as China supplies our medical supplies, we will not have learned.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Apr '20 06:40
    @eladar said
    As long as China supplies our medical supplies, we will not have learned.
    Canada must be rethinking its source for masks ... maybe China is better for them?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '20 06:42
    @wolfgang59

You have not learned. Canada's best source for masks is Canada.

Try another country and see if you can figure out what its best source of masks would be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree