1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:47
    @kewpie said
    I'm a bit surprised that the cat needed a litter box. It must have been able to spend time outside when it wanted.
    Ideas for whole episodes of Columbo started with observations like this, methinks.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 11:24
    @drewnogal said
    Yup, we talk a lotta crap round here.
    That is the TRUTH!!! 😉

-VR
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 17:08
    @fmf said
    Ideas for whole episodes of Columbo started with observations like this, methinks.
    After 9 years I have enough material for a sitcom.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 18:48
    @caissad4 said
    After 9 years I have enough material for a sitcom.
    i look forward to the hijinks,
    and the intimidating night clerk's glower...
    add in some salty hispanic jokes,
    and call it fawlty towers!!!
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 03:45
    @rookie54 said
    i look forward to the hijinks,
    and the intimidating night clerk's glower...
    add in some salty hispanic jokes,
    and call it fawlty towers!!!
    The hotel I worked at from 2009 to 2015 had a general manager who rode a Vespa to work, collected many guns and spent much time purchasing things on Ebay. Hotel management was a low priority for him. His family is wealthy and his dad built the hotel, so he definitely had job security.
    The opening credits should have him driving into the hotel parking lot on his Vespa, wearing army fatigues with an AK-47 strapped over his shoulder.
    The first episode he buys a tank on Ebay and tries to hide it from his dad.
    Any thoughts.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:31
    A promising start.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:32
    @caissad4 said
    The hotel I worked at from 2009 to 2015 had a general manager who rode a Vespa to work, collected many guns and spent much time purchasing things on Ebay. Hotel management was a low priority for him. His family is wealthy and his dad built the hotel, so he definitely had job security.
    The opening credits should have him driving into the hotel parking lot on his Vespa, wear ...[text shortened]... houlder.
    Any thoughts.
    It's a winner.
    Episode 2: He buys fish for his tank.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 13:28
    @caissad4 said
    The opening credits should have him driving into the hotel parking lot on his Vespa, wear ...[text shortened]... houlder.
    Any thoughts.
    I'd watch that!
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '19 02:04
    @wolfgang59 said
    It's a winner.
    Episode 2: He buys fish for his tank.
    Episode 2 : The family also owns a hotel down in Corpus Christi, Texas . It is a 7 story, 300+ room hotel but it is very rundown . The hotel appears on the show "Hotel Nightmares" where Greg, who manages both hotels, states on television "If it doesn't have anything to do with guns, parachuting out of an airplane, or buying stuff on Ebay I am not interested".
    I don't know if I can use this, since it is a true story.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Mar '19 03:231 edit
    @caissad4 said
    Episode 2 : The family also owns a hotel down in Corpus Christi, Texas . It is a 7 story, 300+ room hotel but it is very rundown . The hotel appears on the show "Hotel Nightmares" where Greg, who manages both hotels, states on television "If it doesn't have anything to do with guns, parachuting out of an airplane, or buying stuff on Ebay I am not interested".
    I don't know if I can use this, since it is a true story.
    So long as you completely alter all names and anything else identifiable you'll be fine. Just be careful not to use anything verbatim that may have been recorded or videoed.
    And I'd change the Vespa to a scooter or Segway or skateboard, too.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '19 03:39
    @kewpie said
    So long as you completely alter all names and anything else identifiable you'll be fine. Just be careful not to use anything verbatim that may have been recorded or videoed.
    And I'd change the Vespa to a scooter or Segway or skateboard, too.
    A Mo-ped would do it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 00:031 edit
    @Kewpie
    I would think it would be a bit harder to haul a couple AK47's around on a segway though......
    Maybe he should get a Peugeot convertible....and he as a secret second life as a private detective for hire which explains the need for the weapons.
    He has a secret weapons hideout hidden behind a fake wall in one of his rundown units complete with massive computer surviellance hooked to secret cameras in all the hotel rooms and around the city, all reporting to his hidden computer which he uses to catch bad guys, showing up just as said bad guy is about to rob a bank or kidnap a wealthy man's kid.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 10:39
    @sonhouse said
    @Kewpie
    I would think it would be a bit harder to haul a couple AK47's around on a segway though......
    Maybe he should get a Peugeot convertible....and he as a secret second life as a private detective for hire which explains the need for the weapons.
    He has a secret weapons hideout hidden behind a fake wall in one of his rundown units complete with massive computer surv ...[text shortened]... atch bad guys, showing up just as said bad guy is about to rob a bank or kidnap a wealthy man's kid.
    You're just being silly!

-VR
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 14:24
    @kewpie said
    Mostly they like to bury it, so you need a patch of soft earth or mulch or bark chips or wood shavings. It's dogs that leave stuff around where you're likely to step in it.
    They love the soft earth but that’s where I’m digging out blackberry roots to prepare the soil for vegetables. So, I now have a new tactic to stop them introducing worm eggs right next to my spinach and leek plants. I’m spreading out cut blackberry vines in strategic places where they stroll or wait to prey on small birds.

Don’t get me wrong, I like cats are but don’t keep them for that very reason. It’s also sad to see them getting killed on our roads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree