1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 21:26
    I work the front desk at a hotel (graveyard shift). Last Friday a man came up to the front desk with a baffled look on his face and told me a man was sitting in a car with a cat litter box on the roof of the car. After nine years of doing this job that was a new one.
    I went outside and , sure enough, a man was sitting in his car with the seat reclined, a blanket over him and a black cat , which he was petting and a litter box on the roof of the car. He was not a guest of the hotel. When I told him he had to leave the property, the look of genuine surprise and his repeating my words ( as a question) almost made me laugh. Over the years I have learned to keep a straight face no matter the situation or the mental infirmity of the person I am conversing with. His car was a heap of junk that barely made it out of the parking. Just another night, lol.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 23:08
    @caissad4
    You are lucky it went the way it did. It could have been a lot worse. I assume he was living in his car.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 00:36
    @sonhouse said
    @caissad4
    You are lucky it went the way it did. It could have been a lot worse. I assume he was living in his car.
    Yes, it could easily have been a catastrophe, but luckily everyone
    ended up feline good and had the purrfect end to their day.
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 01:36
    @sonhouse said
    @caissad4
    The hotel is on the interstate and I get offbeat stuff going on regularly. The name the police have for this area is "meth alley". When there are problems I calmly state that they must go now. Ninety nine out of a hundred leave quietly, the others I simply call the police to handle.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 04:16
    I'm a bit surprised that the cat needed a litter box. It must have been able to spend time outside when it wanted.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 08:52
    @kewpie said
    I'm a bit surprised that the cat needed a litter box. It must have been able to spend time outside when it wanted.
    Cats like a choice.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 09:541 edit
    @kewpie said
    Have never needed a cat litter box. Maybe the cat had recently pooped in the box and it needed time to neutralise the pong?

Cat poop really is the most disgusting of all. They do it all over my allotment.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 12:17
    Mostly they like to bury it, so you need a patch of soft earth or mulch or bark chips or wood shavings. It's dogs that leave stuff around where you're likely to step in it.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 17:42
    @drewnogal said
    Have never needed a cat litter box. Maybe the cat had recently pooped in the box and it needed time to neutralise the pong?

Cat poop really is the most disgusting of all. They do it all over my allotment.
    The feral cats around the hotel do a good job burying their business.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 19:30
    @caissad4 said
    I work the front desk at a hotel (graveyard shift). Last Friday a man came up to the front desk with a baffled look on his face and told me a man was sitting in a car with a cat litter box on the roof of the car. After nine years of doing this job that was a new one.
    I went outside and , sure enough, a man was sitting in his car with the seat reclined, a blanket over him an ...[text shortened]... ng with. His car was a heap of junk that barely made it out of the parking. Just another night, lol.
    Haha!

You’ve been doing your job for some time I deduce, and you seem to enjoy it?
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 20:12
    @divegeester said
    Haha!

You’ve been doing your job for some time I deduce, and you seem to enjoy it?
    Over nine years. 4 years at this hotel. Good or bad, it is always interesting.
    I do enjoy it (mostly). 😉
  12. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 20:26
    Wow! An entire thread devoted mostly to cat poo. 😆 How low can we sink?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 20:26
    @caissad4 said
    Over nine years. 4 years at this hotel. Good or bad, it is always interesting.
    I do enjoy it (mostly). 😉
    I imagine there’s a fair bit of down time for chess.
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 01:27
    @mudfinger said
    Wow! An entire thread devoted mostly to cat poo. 😆 How low can we sink?
    Yup, we talk a lotta crap round here.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 00:53
    @drewnogal said
    Yup, we talk a lotta crap round here.
    Owners recently brought in people to trap the skunk which had lived around the hotel for 5 years. Two years ago a guest got drunk and tried to catch the skunk. He got very close to catching it and I stayed inside that night.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree