1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:47
    Henry Rollins once said that pain is “probably the only thing that is your own.” I see myself as a block of stone standing resolute in the chaotic river of life that swirls around me. I’ve used pain, loss and anger to chisel out a form from the uncarved block I started with. I’m left with a sturdy structure, but, one with sharp edges and just as likely to roll over and crush you as give you a place to sit and rest.

Others forge their lives out of fluffier things. Joy, family, religion. All dishonest and fragile inventions. Better to be carved out of stone with a chisel honed sharp by pain.
  2. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:50
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Henry Rollins once said that pain is “probably the only thing that is your own.” I see myself as a block of stone standing resolute in the chaotic river of life that swirls around me. I’ve used pain, loss and anger to chisel out a form from the uncarved block I started with. I’m left with a sturdy structure, but, one with sharp edges and just as likely to roll over and ...[text shortened]... shonest and fragile inventions. Better to be carved out of stone with a chisel honed sharp by pain.
    That's exactly how I pictured you too.
    Naked.
    Naked and stoned.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:55
    @mudfinger said
    Naked.
    Naked and stoned.
    And fully erect.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:03
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Henry Rollins once said that pain is “probably the only thing that is your own.” I see myself as a block of stone standing resolute in the chaotic river of life that swirls around me. I’ve used pain, loss and anger to chisel out a form from the uncarved block I started with. I’m left with a sturdy structure, but, one with sharp edges and just as likely to roll over and ...[text shortened]... shonest and fragile inventions. Better to be carved out of stone with a chisel honed sharp by pain.
    This seems like just the right moment for Mr. Rollins to star in a production of Cats.
  5. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:15
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Doesn't it make you sad, that your sharp edges sometimes push people away. Are you a lonely porcupine? Is that why you hold onto pain, loss and anger?
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:16
    @caesar-salad said
    This seems like just the right moment for Mr. Rollins to star in a production of Cats.
    That would be fantastic!
  7. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:18
    @knightstalker47 said
    Doesn't it make you sad, that your sharp edges sometimes push people away. Are you a lonely porcupine? Is that why you hold onto pain, loss and anger?
    ☚ī¸
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:33
    @knightstalker47 said
    F those people.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:506 edits
    @knightstalker47 said
    May I ask what might govern the way you treat other people?

If mockery is involved as a self-defense mechanism, or as learned responses from your own upbringing, I'm not here to kick anyone's crutches or to dismiss what they themselves might have had to live through.

On my side, I do try to be kind or at least polite to other people, but boundaries are important to me and I am not given to taking guff from anyone.

Perhaps all results of our common heritage.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:43
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Others forge their lives out of fluffier things. Joy, family, religion. All dishonest and fragile inventions.
    I'm not quite sure I agree with this, but it is something to think about. Emergent strategies at least, adopted by some or many to deal with the biological horrors and mental contretemps of life. Fragile, yes. Not necessarily dishonest in all cases.
  11. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:482 edits
    @caesar-salad said
    May I ask what might govern the way you treat other people?

If mockery is involved as a self-defense mechanism, I'm not here to kick anyone's crutches.

On my side, I do try to be kind or at least polite to other people, but boundaries are important to me and I am not given to taking guff from anyone.

Perhaps all results of our common heritage.
    People do as they will, but they cannot will what they want. Nobody consents to be who they are as a person, it is forced on them for the most part. Partly genetics, partly a childhood they had little control of. The conscious mind can only do so much for change, it is very limited. When you realize this, it is easy to forgive. I'll admit I am a bit of a doormat, but I don't take life very seriously.

Morality is subjective, the victims feelings determine right or wrong. "Treat others as you would treat yourself" works fairly well for the most part, but I also realize I (and others) have some eccentricities and would not always react or feel the same way. So there is some unknowns, unless you know the person well.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 04:10
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Rollins was wrong imo; our choices are also ours to own, as is joy.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 05:19
    @divegeester said
    Rollins was wrong imo; our choices are also ours to own, as is joy.
    Man, I so much agree with you that I could just -- well, send you this post indicating agreement. 😉
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 08:01
    We have as much choice as we have.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 08:17
    @mudfinger said
    Naked.
    Naked and stoned.
    You’re so in touch with people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree