1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 04:07
    Good stuff. Has of this kind of smokey flavor to it.

If you wanna feel like a lumberjack relaxing by the fire after a long day of wielding an axe against falling redwood trees.. this is for you.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 04:08
    And happy Father's Day.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 12:46
    @vivify said

If you wanna feel like a lumberjack relaxing by the fire after a long day of wielding an axe against falling redwood trees.. this is for you.
    Have you tried Oban's 14 year old Single Malt? My personal favourite. Happy Father's Day, back at ya.
  4. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:16
    @vivify said

Laphroaig is a very smoky, peaty Islay whiskey. It's an acquired taste.

My favourite whiskey is a Macallan 25 sherry oak, but it's wildly expensive. In general I prefer Highland or Speyside whiskies to the others.
  5. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:17
    @great-big-stees said
    Have you tried Oban's 14 year old Single Malt? My personal favourite. Happy Father's Day, back at ya.
    That's a nice one, and it's quite reasonably priced as well.
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 14:41
    @ashiitaka said
    Laphroaig is a very smoky, peaty Islay whiskey. It's an acquired taste.

My favourite whiskey is a Macallan 25 sherry oak, but it's wildly expensive. In general I prefer Highland or Speyside whiskies to the others.
    As your favourite whisky costs more than $1000 a bottle you give the impression that you are a whisky connoisseur that knows a bit about whisky.
    Haven't you noticed that on the Macallan bottle it has 'whisky' and not 'whiskey'? 🙂
  7. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 15:09
    @great-big-stees said
    Very smooth whisky. I had a bottle a few years ago and,because of your post,just ordered another one today.Thanks.
  8. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 15:49
    You guys are lucky.
    If I drink whiskey I spend the next 3 days on the toilet.
    3 words.

Liquid fire butt ðŸĪŠ
  9. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 15:59
    @biffo-konker said
    As your favourite whisky costs more than $1000 a bottle you give the impression that you are a whisky connoisseur that knows a bit about whisky.
    Haven't you noticed that on the Macallan bottle it has 'whisky' and not 'whiskey'? 🙂
    Must have been having an Irish moment, eh?

Not a connoisseur, but I do know some things. It's the only alcohol I enjoy.

As for that bottle, I don't own one - good heavens. I have had it several times though, and I didn't pay for it.
  10. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 16:01
    @biffo-konker said
    Very smooth whisky. I had a bottle a few years ago and,because of your post,just ordered another one today.Thanks.
    The only thing that puts me a bit off the Oban is the caramel colouring. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but still.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 17:10
    @vivify said

I was very kindly given a bottle by my boss several years ago but I really disliked it. The smell reminded me of surgical spirit. No doubt an insult to the brand but it’s not for me.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 12:12
    @divegeester said
    I was very kindly given a bottle by my boss several years ago but I really disliked it. The smell reminded me of surgical spirit. No doubt an insult to the brand but it’s not for me.
    The world would be a very dull place if everyone liked the same "stuff".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree