19 Apr '21 08:49
    YouTube

🚬
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 11:16
    @Chris-Guffogg

At least weekly phone calls claiming to be Microsoft, Amazon Prime, HMRC, 'car crash you were involved in' etc. It's so much the new normal its hard to imagine people are still getting caught out. I block numbers on the mobile.
    I add numbers to my BT call protect personal black list on landline, but steady stream persists so I guess they are just going to keep doing it because it works.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '21 02:152 edits
    My latest ploy when I get one of these calls is to time how long I can keep them on the phone and waste their time.

Tips
    - keep calm and don’t get irritated as this will give the game away
    - act dumb and use poor communication skills, this will help you to waste more of their time and allow you to ask stupid questions
    - be appreciative of their help, car accidents are stressful
    - if it is the car accident scammers then ask them which accident they are referring to, be dumb about it and ramble on and on about the multiple accidents you have had and how no one is helping you
    - ask lots of questions about how they can help you, feigned interest
    - never give ANY information about yourself, first name, last name, don’t conform your phone number, country of residence, car make, nothing except lies.

I’ve never got past 2 and a half minutes but it’s great fun and they will most likely remove you from their call list.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '21 10:19
    @divegeester
    This is evil genius. Are you sure you are not Dr Robotnik?

Hey, stop rushing to the user name change, I thought of those two.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree