Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, the rudeness was all yours.

Apologize.
    LOL@ goad....Kettle, pot, black!!! 😛 🙂

You don't have a clue what you are talking about most of the time. I think you figure it is the same as a prose competition....ROFLMAO..... You did finish 2nd this year didn't you? 😉 Better luck next year!!!

-VR
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:26
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ goad....Kettle, pot, black!!! 😛 🙂

You don't have a clue what you are talking about most of the time. I think you figure it is the same as a prose competition....ROFLMAO..... You did finish 2nd this year didn't you? 😉 Better luck next year!!!

-VR
    Well, you did vote for both my entries, hey?

I bet you've dreamed of coming second in something.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:30
    Very Rusty, whose command of the language is flawless, is deeply offended when anyone else in the forums dares to make a mistake, even a minor error. Woe betide the miscreant!
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:321 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, you did vote for both my entries, hey?

I bet you've dreamed of coming second in something.
    I did indeed for both your entries because I enjoyed them. (why would I not vote for them?)

I bet the only thing you ever finished first in was the Prose competition and I bet you were disappointed to finish 2nd this year!

I've finished 1rst more times in my life in more things than you probably have goad!

-VR
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:38
    @very-rusty said
    I did indeed for both your entries because I enjoyed them. (why would I not vote for them?)

I bet the only thing you ever finished first in was the Prose competition and I bet you were disappointed to finish 2nd this year!

I've finished 1rst more times in my life in more things than you probably have goad!

-VR
    Gurning competitions?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Gurning competitions?
    Appears that would be something more up your alley....wait I take that back you would probably find it too hard for you!!! 😛 😉

Gurning contests are a rural English tradition. They are held regularly in some villages, with contestants traditionally framing their faces through a horse collar — known as "gurnin' through a braffin". The World Gurning Championship takes place annually at the Egremont Crab Fair.

-VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:57
    @very-rusty said
    Appears that would be something more up your alley....wait I take that back you would probably find it too hard for you!!! 😛 😉

Gurning contests are a rural English tradition. They are held regularly in some villages, with contestants traditionally framing their faces through a horse collar — known as "gurnin' through a braffin". The World Gurning Championship takes place annually at the Egremont Crab Fair.

-VR
    At least google kept you distracted for a few minutes.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 19:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    At least google kept you distracted for a few minutes.
    Not at all goad, making chess moves, unlike you who don't have many to make!!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 20:00
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all goad, making chess moves, unlike you who don't have many to make!!!! 😛 😉

-VR
    So you knew about the World Gurning Championship taking place annually at the Egremont Crab Fair from memory?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 20:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So you knew about the World Gurning Championship taking place annually at the Egremont Crab Fair from memory?
    Why do you think I put up what it was in my reply to you goad? Many people wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about!~ 😛 😉 Unless they are from England.

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 13:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I had to "google"it as I am not from England and I know a large fellow whose face is in a permanent Gurning state. Looks like he's constantly trying to "dump a load", which may be the reason we call him "Dump Truck". He was an amazing football (North American) player/lineman. Nobody he was apposite, ever got to the quarterback.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 15:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Don't be silly goad, many of us Canadians don't know anything about it, I know it isn't just gbs and I.

-VR
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 15:57
    @very-rusty said
    Don't be silly goad, many of us Canadians don't know anything about it, I know it isn't just gbs and I.

-VR
    Why are you answering that a second time?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 15:591 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why are you answering that a second time?
    You probably didn't get it the first time, us Canadians wouldn't know about it.
    GBS proved my point who is a fellow Canadian!!! Not everyone on here is from England believe it or not goad!!! 😛 😉

GBS said: I had to "google"it as I am not from England and I know a large fellow whose face is in a permanent Gurning state. Looks like he's constantly trying to "dump a load", which may be the reason we call him "Dump Truck". He was an amazing football (North American) player/lineman. Nobody he was apposite, ever got to the quarterback.

-VR
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 16:08
    @very-rusty said
    You probably didn't get it the first time, us Canadians wouldn't know about it.
    GBS proved my point who is a fellow Canadian!!! Not everyone on here is from England believe it or not goad!!! 😛 😉

GBS said: I had to "google"it as I am not from England and I know a large fellow whose face is in a permanent Gurning state. Looks like he's constantly trying to "dump a l ...[text shortened]... otball (North American) player/lineman. Nobody he was apposite, ever got to the quarterback.

-VR
    Your wheel really is missing its hamster.

I said 'google kept you distracted for a few minutes' and you replied 'not at all' that you had been playing chess. - If you 'hadn't' used google how did you know so much about gurning?! Understand now Sherlock? (Probably not).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree