Neigh.
    "Silly goad".........Now the horse sounds!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:21
    @thunderrook said
    Who finds it annoying and disrespectful to be ignored whilst in a friendly game only to find, that you are ignored in chat
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:28
    @thunderrook said
    Who finds it annoying and disrespectful to be ignored whilst in a friendly game only to find, that you are ignored in chat

Just get use to it, some don't like to talk while playing!!! Would you chat in an OTB game? I know it is different on here with the waiting time, but some play it like it is an OTB game!!!

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:39
    @very-rusty said
    @thunderrook said

Just get use to it, some don't like to talk while playing!!! Would you chat in an OTB game? I know it is different on here with the waiting time, but some play it like it is an OTB game!!!

-VR
    I'm one of those players who normally don't chat much. It's not that I don't want to, but I want to win the game and that takes my concentration. If I get a challenge from a player much better than me who seems nice and talkative, where I don't stand a chance of winning, then I relax and chat. And I enjoy it.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:01
    @torunn said
    I'm one of those players who normally don't chat much. It's not that I don't want to, but I want to win the game and that takes my concentration. If I get a challenge from a player much better than me who seems nice and talkative, where I don't stand a chance of winning, then I relax and chat. And I enjoy it.
    Never play the persons rating, play the board. There is always a chance of winning, you should never allow the persons rating to intimidate you.

-VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:15
    @Very-Rusty
    I admit, I assume I will lose those games. I have noticed when i play higher-rated people that I get a better result the first game and then, if we play again, I do worse.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:32
    @torunn said
    @Very-Rusty
    I admit, I assume I will lose those games. I have noticed when i play higher-rated people that I get a better result the first game and then, if we play again, I do worse.
    My biggest problem is moving too fast...I do much better or I should say use to do much better when I played OTB games of course there is no talking during those matches so all you concentration is or should be on the game you are playing.

-VR
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 15:05
    @patzering said
    @FMF

Are you 12?
    The guy has been on the site for fourteen years, so if he was 12 he is also a time traveller.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 17:33
    @ponderable said
    The guy has been on the site for fourteen years, so if he was 12 he is also a time traveller.
    Besides isn't there an age requirement of being no younger than 13?

-VR
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 17:40
    @very-rusty said
    Besides isn't there an age requirement of being no younger than 13?

-VR
    another one that flew over the cuckoo's nest
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 23:16
    @lemondrop said
    another one that flew over the cuckoo's nest
    Not at all, but feel free to think as you choose! 😛 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree