1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 May '19 07:17
    Remembering those players who were highly regarded and otherwise notable. Their names disappear from the roles after being inactive for a few months.

Luck - He passed recently, was respected by all, well remembered

Grampy Bobby - One of the most prominent members in the forums. He was highly regarded by many. He started numerous entertaining threads that were thought provoking. He was a moralist. He also irked numerous members; however, those who he annoyed were often annoying themselves. No one was ever forced to read a forum posting. He has been deeply missed for more than a year.
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    26 May '19 07:32
    @coquette said

Luck - He passed recently, was respected by all,
    No, he wasn't.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    26 May '19 07:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 May '19 08:15
    @coquette said
    Remembering those players who were highly regarded and otherwise notable. Their names disappear from the roles after being inactive for a few months.

Grampy Bobby - One of the most prominent members in the forums. He was highly regarded by many. He started numerous entertaining threads that were thought p ...[text shortened]... ves. No one was ever forced to read a forum posting. He has been deeply missed for more than a year.
    Thank you for this thread. I didn't know Luck, never played him. I knew Grampy Bobby a little by reading his posts, he was very clear about what his opinions were.
    I miss him as I do with other players who stood out.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 10:411 edit
    @torunn said
    Thank you for this thread. I didn't know Luck, never played him. I knew Grampy Bobby a little by reading his posts, he was very clear about what his opinions were.
    I miss him as I do with other players who stood out.
    I can see how there have been sincere attachments formed in these Forums and I am encouraged.
    I sometimes regret that I have come to it so late in the day.
    I am sorry for the loss of any valuable contributor to RHP.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 May '19 12:48
    Mike Lomax (mikelom) who died 4 years ago. A decent, gentle man who didn't deserve the bad things that life handed to him at the end.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 12:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Let me see....how do I put this in a nice way!

You are an idiot!!! Feel privileged I rarely call names!

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 12:513 edits
    @kewpie said
    Mike Lomax (mikelom) who died 4 years ago. A decent, gentle man who didn't deserve the bad things that life handed to him at the end.
    I agree Bob, Mike, & luck were gentlemen in ever sense of the word.

I feel fortunate to have known them.

-VR
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 May '19 13:02
    @coquette said

Grampy Bobby - One of the most prominent members in the forums. He was highly regarded by many. He started numerous entertaining threads that were thought p ...[text shortened]... ves. No one was ever forced to read a forum posting. He has been deeply missed for more than a year.
    I remember him he was massive on this forum the last time I was a regular here. He was a bit marmite but I love marmite and he very open emotionally speaking. But love him or loathe him he brought a definite buzz to this forum. I didn’t realise he had passed I assumed he had found something less stressful to occupy his time.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 13:05
    @kevcvs57 said
    I remember him he was massive on this forum the last time I was a regular here. He was a bit marmite but I love marmite and he very open emotionally speaking. But love him or loathe him he brought a definite buzz to this forum. I didn’t realise he had passed I assumed he had found something less stressful to occupy his time.
    He did not find it stressful, actually he enjoyed the banter.

-VR
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 May '19 13:09
    @Kewpie

Yes, I second Mike and Bobby. I corresponded with Bobby apart from the forums.

I did not know Luck.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 13:161 edit
    @moonbus said
    @Kewpie

Yes, I second Mike and Bobby. I corresponded with Bobby apart from the forums.

I did not know Luck.
    Luck and I played many game on here. He was always a gentleman win or lose. Quick to give a complement and a very modest fellow. He didn't speak much in the forums.
    I chatted with him a fair amount during games.

-VR
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 May '19 13:24
    @very-rusty said
    He did not find it stressful, actually he enjoyed the banter.

-VR
    Good to know
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    26 May '19 16:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 May '19 16:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Does this forum allow people to say things like this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree