Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:32
    to all of us maters ๐Ÿ™‚
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:53
    Oh dear ... I’m reminded of those poor young things, myself included, who would have loved a Valentine card today.
    Getting old has it’s advantages.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 11:10
    I don't think we do Valentine's Day here (Alla hjärtans dag - All hearts day), as much as people do in other places.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 12:24
    My missus and I have never recognised Valentine’s Day as being anything other than the marketing exercise it is.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 14:39
    @divegeester said
    My missus and I have never recognised Valentine’s Day as being anything other than the marketing exercise it is.
    It's yet another day to show someone, especially that special someone, that you appreciate them and you are thinking of them.

Yes, it's a marketing thing, but even a handwritten note is a special memento. It says, "I value you, you are worth my time."
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 14:47
    @suzianne said
    It's yet another day to show someone, especially that special someone, that you appreciate them and you are thinking of them.

Yes, it's a marketing thing, but even a handwritten note is a special memento. It says, "I value you, you are worth my time."
    Yes indeed! That's always nice to hear.

I suspect the excuses of over-commercialization might be shilling for loneliness. But, I could be wrong. It happens. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 15:45
    @suzianne said

You shouldn't need valentines day to remind you to say "I value you, you are worth my time." or whatever it is on your mind. Kind words lose some of their worth on holidays, because they are expected. Being under societal pressure and expectations hardly reveals true feelings.
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 19:30
    love is overrated,
    chocolate does much better...
    lust might make you hott,
    but glycerin will get you wetter...
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 19:59
    @knightstalker47 said
    You shouldn't need valentines day to remind you to say "I value you, you are worth my time." or whatever it is on your mind. Kind words lose some of their worth on holidays, because they are expected. Being under societal pressure and expectations hardly reveals true feelings.
    This is just an excuse, an excuse for the loveless to love less.

Of course, one does not need a special occasion to say how one feels, but the saying of it often gets lost in the bustle of daily life. This is how we end up taking people for granted, we are "too busy", or "I'll do it tomorrow".

There is no time like the present, and no present like time.

Getting a big calendar reminder like this is sometimes what we need to shock us out of our malaise, to take stock of exactly how long it's been since we've said (or heard) "I love you."

Kind words never "lose their worth."
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 22:21
    @Suzianne
    I wrote a guitar piece for my wife, called Susan's Valentine.
    She said nobody ever did that for her. I think I got some brownie points๐Ÿ™‚ it is # 79 on my SC account.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 10:071 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne
    I wrote a guitar piece for my wife, called Susan's Valentine.
    She said nobody ever did that for her. I think I got some brownie points๐Ÿ™‚ it is # 79 on my SC account.
    I cooked her a lovely Dinner and poured her a Babycham.
  12. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 20:12
    Valentine's Day is only for girls up to the age of about 25...
    The rest should wait for Women's Day...

๐Ÿ˜€
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 21:59
    @suzianne said

Ok

I appreciate you and am thinking of you.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 22:00
    @suzianne said
    This is just an excuse, an excuse for the loveless to love less.

Of course, one does not need a special occasion to say how one feels, but the saying of it often gets lost in the bustle of daily life. This is how we end up taking people for granted, we are "too busy", or "I'll do it tomorrow".

There is no time like the present, and no present like time.

Gett ...[text shortened]... g it's been since we've said (or heard) "I love you."

Kind words never "lose their worth."
    If you weren’t an Albanian bare-knuckle fighter I’d believe you.
  15. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 01:18
    @drewnogal said
    Oh dear ... I’m reminded of those poor young things, myself included, who would have loved a Valentine card today.
    Getting old has it’s advantages.
    I know I seem heartless 
    And so vey unkind 
    (Although not artless) 
    I FORGOT YOUR VALENTINE

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree