1. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 19:54
    how many of the regular posters in this forum would still be here if you had to have 15 or 20 games on the go to be able to post, seems a lot of people on this forum don't actually play much chess!
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 20:07
    @wycombe-al said
    how many of the regular posters in this forum would still be here if you had to have 15 or 20 games on the go to be able to post, seems a lot of people on this forum don't actually play much chess!
    this is a maths problem isn't it?
    it looks like a lot of maths
    i can do a bit of shop maths, but not forum poster <=> #games in progress >=< gf posts maths

good luck in yer search for the truth
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 20:09
    @wycombe-al said
    I may be the exception to that thought.

-VR
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 20:14
    @very-rusty said
    I may be the exception to that thought.

-VR
    Yeah, I'm not sure of the connection.

I posted here daily when I had over 100 games going.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 20:18
    @suzianne said
    Yeah, I'm not sure of the connection.

I posted here daily when I had over 100 games going.
    Like a lot of people who post most days, I always have 15-20 games on the go if not more, but I agree with the concept that when people troll the forums it's doubly annoying when they hardly play any chess.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 20:57
    @relentless-red said
    Like a lot of people who post most days, I always have 15-20 games on the go if not more, but I agree with the concept that when people troll the forums it's doubly annoying when they hardly play any chess.
    I presently have 72 on the go!

I guess, I wouldn't be one of those people you're talking about.

-VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:10
    @very-rusty said
    I presently have 72 on the go!

I guess, I wouldn't be one of those people you're talking about.

-VR
    If you are a 'chess person', like those who have been playing a lot of chess in their lives, you will likely have many games going. Maybe not all on this site though. I picked up chess very late in life and I'm quite comfortable with only a few games, right now only three. As you notice, there aren't many Swedes in the forums - posting in forums isn't so common with us generally.
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:27
    @wycombe-al said
    15 to 20 games is nothing. I've had 100+ games here before, and yes that did take away from forum time.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:33
    @torunn said
    If you are a 'chess person', like those who have been playing a lot of chess in their lives, you will likely have many games going. Maybe not all on this site though. I picked up chess very late in life and I'm quite comfortable with only a few games, right now only three. As you notice, there aren't many Swedes in the forums - posting in forums isn't so common with us generally.
    Yes, I am on 2 other sites and of course have games going on both of those.

I have cut back from where I was years ago.

-VR
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:33
    @torunn said
    But we do have you to grace our gallery 🙂 Want a game?
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:50
    @earl-of-trumps said
    But we do have you to grace our gallery 🙂 Want a game?
    There is always room for a new game with you. 🙂
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 23:19
    @wycombe-al said
    Well all the non subs would be out of the forums for a start. It doesn't matter if they play chess, just the content.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 23:20
    @wycombe-al said
    I post from time to time, but i only play one game at a time these days...I don't work in front of a PC anymore.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Aug '21 00:243 edits
    @wycombe-al said
    So what? Don't you have some games of your own to play instead of trying to control what everyone else does? 😉

Meanwhile I have just finished up my remaining games. I might or might not continue to post here in the days to come.

I deliberately wound down my games because of unpleasantness in the forums, but recently conditions have changed and the atmosphere seems to be improving.

I'm glad to see that after the two notable bans, some other troublemakers might get to enjoy greater exposure and scrutiny of their own behavior.

BTW, I looked up High Wycombe today. What a nice-looking town!
  15. Joined
    08 Sep '20
    Moves
    01 Aug '21 00:53
    @kevin-eleven said
    Meanwhile I have just finished up my remaining games. I might or might not continue to post here in the days to come.

I deliberately wound down my games because of unpleasantness in the forums, but recently conditions have changed and the atmosphere seems to be improving.

I'm glad to see that after the two notable bans, some other troublemakers might get to enjoy greater exposure and scrutiny of their own behavior.
    I’ve not been in the forums much but you seem to be one of the regulars. I hope you continue. I don’t play too many games at once as I struggle to keep concentration. I’ve just forced a resignation from a difficult mid game which was nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree